Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this last night but it seems to have disappeared. I moved down to Vermont from Alaska recently and I haven't really had time to look for many gunshops in Burlington area. Does anyone know of any Kel-Tec dealers that actually stock product anywhere within three hours of Burlington? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is I'm looking to trade in an AK-74 variant for it and you usually get a better deal trading than selling and buying.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Put that ak up for sale on a local fourm, i never come close to breaking even on gun pawn shop swaps.

Only times i did it was when comming across something i though i could'nt live without and had to have it now!!!

Most of the guns i've sold have been through a local gun shop, only cost me $20 bucks. No headaches, nobody coming to the house.

Have got to make some good ftf swapps with some of the Oklahoma shooters guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do people in other states find a local gun forum/classified site to sell stuff on? Up in Alaska we had Alaska's List and 907boytoys.com that everyone knew about. I've done a quick search for something similar in Vermont and came up with nothing specific.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome to Vt. I hope you get out of the Burlington area and see the real Vt. Don't judge the rest of us by what you see there.
There are a few places that stock them when they can get them. I am north of Burlington and bought my last one at M&R in Highgate. You might try B.J.s or Powderhorn in Williston. I am not sure about Paroe's in Waturbury. If you are further north you have Bob's in Georgia. Those are the ones I can think of right off that usually stock a good variety. Give them a call or go for a drive and see what they have.
I have bought a couple guns face to face from posts on Armslist but have never sold there. I was happy with the transactions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually like Burlington quite a bit even if some of the people here are a bit off kilter. I'd prefer to live outside of the city more but you have to go where there's work, etc. Still trying to find somewhere to shoot. I'm planning on checking out B.J.'s and Powderhorn on Monday. Is it just "Bob's" up in Georgia? And does M&R stand for something? Like I said I don't mind driving a bit. I can try calling around and seeing if any of them would be interested in what I have before just making the drive.

·
Registered
826 Posts
There's a small shop in Burlington that used to stock P32s. I'm sorry I can't remember the name but I know they're in the yellow pages.

And welcome to Vermont. I'm in Barre.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far no luck. I've been hitting up every gunshop you guys have suggested and what I can find using Google Maps. It's disappointing how few of them even know what I'm asking about. I refuse to pay for price gouging on GunBroker right now so I'll have to be patient.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I take that back. I ended up calling a much further out gunshop (Pidgeon's Guns) on the off chance and he happened to have one in stock! Drove down and picked it up. I have a few questions about it but I'll post those over in the appropriate forum. Thanks again for your help guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like there some sort of Chittenden County shooting club that's $35 a year but I haven't investigated it yet. And then there's a"Laberge Farm" south of me that's supposedly free to shoot at, you just have to ask permission. Still trying to find where that actually is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts