Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The firing pin on my RDB broke last Sunday after approximately 700 rounds from new. I contacted Kelt-Tec customer service on Sunday evening via their web page and answered all the questions. It's Tuesday evening now and I've not yet had a reply. I'm not sure what experience you guys may have had but I'm not impressed so far, especially since I've found the cause for them and not just shipped them the gun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The firing pin on my RDB broke last Sunday after approximately 700 rounds from new. I contacted Kelt-Tec customer service on Sunday evening via their web page and answered all the questions. It's Tuesday evening now and I've not yet had a reply. I'm not sure what experience you guys may have had but I'm not impressed so far, especially since I've found the cause for them and not just shipped them the gun.
My RDB firing pin also broke at 700 rounds. I contacted Kel-Tec via their website and opened a service ticket on 1/14/20. I uploaded my proof of purchase with the service ticket and requested a new firing pin under warranty. I received an e-mail response on 1/16/20 requesting my RDB model number (RDB-17) and just what part I was requesting (ITEM 307- FIRING PIN). I replied via e-mail on 1/16/20 with the requested info and provided my shipping address. On 1/21/20 I received the new firing pin via US mail. Very satisfied with the Kel-Tec customer service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My RDB firing pin also broke at 700 rounds. I contacted Kel-Tec via their website and opened a service ticket on 1/14/20. I uploaded my proof of purchase with the service ticket and requested a new firing pin under warranty. I received an e-mail response on 1/16/20 requesting my RDB model number (RDB-17) and just what part I was requesting (ITEM 307- FIRING PIN). I replied via e-mail on 1/16/20 with the requested info and provided my shipping address. On 1/21/20 I received the new firing pin via US mail. Very satisfied with the Kel-Tec customer service.
I just checked my junk email folder and low and behold there was an email from Ericka at Kel-Tec sent on Tuesday afternoon asking me what parts I needed and my address to send them to me. So that's two of us with the same problem and both of us got a reply in two days. Well Done Kel-Tec. Now if you could just do something to improve the 700 round life of your firing pins please? I do love the RDB, it's a great gun and my absolute favourite to shoot from my collection.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
The guy who can turn out a better pin for RDB might do pretty well.

FWIW, there can be found in the 3D printing offerings, (search for 3D RDB), a block for drilling out the pin and inserting a hardened steel tip, such as a drill bit.
https://www.yeggi.com/q/keltec+rdb/
You can find someone to print stuff for you on here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently bought a new KSG but it won’t cycle properly out of the right tube, it double of triple feeds. I tried contacting Kel Tec but I didn’t get a response, any ideas?
I've had issues with their website in sending messages. You literally have to try using an older Internet Explorer otherwise they won't receive any messages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts