Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I sent my pf9 back due to pinning on the barrel hood.

Well today I called its been a week, I had requested a pre paid label and they gave it to me and then also told me since it was next day air that when it entered there facility the urgency would still aplly and it would take a max of 2 weeks. While like I said today was a week and there saying its gonna be a couple more. Now I don't no about you but this is really disapointing to me, not only is it there issue but its suppposed to take 2 weeks now more than that. These issues should be resolved in the same week they received my junk gun.

Does anyone else feel this is shi* as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I to sent mine in a week ago. Called yesterday, and they told me they will contact me when they start to work on mine. I ask for the Hard Chrome upgrade, so that might take alittle longer than yours. But I still am hoping for only a couple of week turn around. We will see.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
While like I said today was a week and there saying its gonna be a couple more. Now I don't no about you but this is really disapointing to me, not only is it there issue but its suppposed to take 2 weeks now more than that.
What day (Date) did you actually ship it?
Perhaps they found some more issues they wanted to resolve at the same time.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather have it done right, than just done fast. When they do send it back, it will have been test fired more than just a few times to ensure that the barrel/slide (and gun in general) is working properly for them.

I sent mine in for just the CH upgrade on the 6th and don't expect it back before the 25th.

It's really not worth getting yer knickers in a twist over a couple weeks... But that's just one opinion. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well when you are told it will take 2 weeks that means 2 weeks. I had a slide issue with my glock 19 and it was there and back in almost a week. And these guys can't fix there own problems in house then expect use to wait around. I'm pretty sure if its not here next thursday when I do get it back I'm offing it. As well as the rest of my keltecs

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if they did find other issues with the gun then kel tec probably should have notified me about that when I spoke with then. I shipped it on the 4th. My knickers are in a twist because I bought this to carry on my person, not to carry in the UPS store in a box

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
My knickers are in a twist because I bought this to carry on my person, not to carry in the UPS store in a box
I also bought mine to carry, but it's definitely not my only carry pistol... Just my only 9mm Pocket Carry. ;)

Well when you are told it will take 2 weeks that means 2 weeks. I had a slide issue with my glock 19 and it was there and back in almost a week. And these guys can't fix there own problems in house then expect use to wait around. I'm pretty sure if its not here next thursday when I do get it back I'm offing it. As well as the rest of my keltecs
By all means... Sell 'em off... Absolutely unacceptable.
Wow!! Slide problems with a Glock??? I'd sell that too. For the money, it should have Zero problems. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll give you $100 for that piece of crap PF9 when you get it back. And I'll pay shipping too.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
There average turnaround time is several weeks, maybe 4ish, sometimes more, occassionally less. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I sent my slide and barrel back for peening issues .
i was told I;d have a new one in "about" two weeks .
It was almost three weeks..no biggie

The paper work said they test fired it...that made me go hmmmm
cause it wouldn't extract 4 different brands of ammo when i inspected, lubed, assembled and shot it with the new parts .
two brands of ammo were Federal (Fed Champion and Fed Premium HST)

I was a bit bummed to say the least, but i was able to determine the problem and tune it myself ...all is good now

I know you're bummed, Dude
and i promise you, I'm not in the "KT koolaid Klub" that will jump you for saying ANYTHING disparaging about their products .
But i do think you might be making a mountain out of mole hill ..just a tad

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So what did YOU determine to be the problem? Mine had a few FTE in the first hundred rounds but I haven't been able to take of back out after a good cleaning and lube job...

·
Registered
589 Posts
I know you're bummed, Dude
and i promise you, I'm not in the "KT koolaid Klub" that will jump you for saying ANYTHING disparaging about their products .
But i do think you might be making a mountain out of mole hill ..just a tad

..L.T.A.
OMG dude that is just too funny....Best chuckle of the day, thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Say what you want while they have your gun. But guaranteed when you get it back you won't want to put it down. Check it under a good magnifying glass, put some caliperes on it, polish the barrel, clean it up and grease it. Take it to the range shoot a 6 or 7 mags and fall in love. Nothing else feels like a PF-9

·
Registered
152 Posts
So what did YOU determine to be the problem? Mine had a few FTE in the first hundred rounds but I haven't been able to take of back out after a good cleaning and lube job...
either the ext'r or the slide cut where the ext'r sits in were out of spec..or both

it had little to no grip on the case rim .
No amount of additional springs would of cured my ills .
new ext'r might of, but I'm familiar with tuning pistols, so it was nothing to fix it myself .

I started a thread detailing with pics what I did.
it's like forty-seven pages long ..:eek:

i feel kind of "special" that the FNG (effing new guy) got that many pages of activity.....:cool:

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
If you think 3 or 4 weeks' turn-around time is bad, you should try sending a Taurus back for warranty service. Some folks don't get theirs back for 2 or 3 MONTHS ... and even then, once they get it back, sometimes the problem(s) STILL hasn't been fixed.

It's frustrating, it sucks, but it happens. If you want absolute 100% unquestionable reliability without ever, ever, EVER having a problem ... buy a high-end revolver, presumably one made by Smith & Wesson or Ruger. With a subcompact semi-auto 9mm priced under $350 and made by a relatively small company, though ... you might be expecting just a LITTLE bit too much to have it sent, fixed, and back in your hands within a week. Comparing Kel-Tec and Glock is apples to oranges no matter what way you look at it, really - different companies of different sizes, different products, different budgets, different resources ... hell, they even originate in different COUNTRIES.

Again, either be willing to accept certain realities when dealing with the product you purchased and the company that sells/services them, or go with a company/product that better suits your expectations (if such a company exists, frankly).

·
Registered
15 Posts
They've had my PF9 since February 14. I've been nagging them via phone for the last week and the gunsmith is supposedly working on it. Everyone I've spoken with on the phone has been extremely pleasant and polite. As far as I know they have not shipped it yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont know where you guys are hearing 4 weeks to get your pf9 s back. But sean told me they are a week behind the already 6 week wait.. kel tec recieved mine 3/26/12.. Im sorry but 7 weeks is ridiulous

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if there telling you the 7 to 8 is probably because you shipped it in with your oown doing. If you make them give you a pre paid shipping label it goes next day air and it for some reason also becomes a priority in there place as well.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
...and it for some reason also becomes a priority in there place as well.
I've never known that to be true. Typically, they do repairs in order recieved so turnaround time usually depends on how busy they are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts