Kel Tec customer service

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JKMprof, Jul 30, 2009.

1. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Just got an e-mail from Kel Tec about parts I need.
    They are sending them all for free! I know that most people know they have excellent CS already, but the least I could do was give them props! :cool:

2. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Many companies could learn what CS is all about from kel-tec.

wyo-man

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Best part is they are getting up to speed on emails...

John

4. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah, they answered mine within a few hours. :cool:

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Wow! KT is answering emails?

Must be a new employee. ;D

6. p3atnewb

p3atnewb New Member

May 25, 2009
    i had a barrel issue a few months back and had no problem over the phone... i guess they've gotten a bit more covered up as so many people have bought these little gems since then, as someone else posted in another thread that the phones were busy...

my service was great though, a brand new barrel straight from the mailroom, it didn't even make it up the chain to the phone rep :D

7. AlwaysCarry

AlwaysCarry New Member

May 16, 2008
    Had a simple issue with recoil springs being curved after use.

E-mailed them through their website.

They e-mailed me back within 2 hours! Saying your parts will be mailed out tomorrow - no charge.

Excellent customer service in my opinion.

Oh, they did ask for my mailing address, firearm serial #, etc.

8. seehowmaduare

seehowmaduare New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I just contacted kel tec, i sent my gun in two days ago, and they said it would take ten weeks??
    is that a joke?
    if i knew it was gonna take that long, i would of had it locally serviced. >:(

9. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    What issues were you having to send it back to KT? Short of cracked or broken components, these little pistols are easy enough for my wife to work on. Rather than sending off the pistol or paying a smith to work on the pistol, I or many of the other knowledgeable members here can pretty much talk you through most any issue.

10. seehowmaduare

seehowmaduare New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    What issues were you having to send it back to KT? Short of cracked or broken components, these little pistols are easy enough for my wife to work on. Rather than sending off the pistol or paying a smith to work on the pistol, I or many of the other knowledgeable members here can pretty much talk you through most any issue. [/quote]

well it would sometimes misfire the whole clip. and some times not misfire at all. it was extremely inconsistent. i shot around 150 rounds through it before sending it back, but it was just getting irritating. i cleaned and polished it many times. it didnt matter what kind of ammo i used, i tried three different makes. i wish i wouldt of waited before sending it back, but i didnt have any idea it would of taken that long.

11. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    When you say misfire, do you mean you would pull the trigger and the round would not go bang? Or, are you talking about either a failure to eject or failure to feed?

12. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Why the heck were ya calling them 2 days after ya sent it in to them???
    There really is no need to call them for service work. Follow their instructions ;

BTW normal service time is 4-8 weeks with some coming in quicker some later , try calling them back in 8 weeks  ;)
    Around here a good gun smith takes about the same time and they ain't free (Burley who is on his 12 week waiting on his Vaquero to come home  :-/  )

13. seehowmaduare

seehowmaduare New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Why the heck were ya calling them 2 days after ya sent it in to them???
    There really is no need to call them for service work. Follow their instructions ;

BTW normal service time is 4-8 weeks with some coming in quicker some later , try calling them back in 8 weeks  ;)
    Around here a good gun smith takes about the same time and they ain't free (Burley who is on his 12 week waiting on his Vaquero to come home  :-/  )[/quote]

Ya, i guess, ive just never sent it in before so i  didnt know it would take that long. thanks for the advice, they recieved it today, so all i can do is wait.

14. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

10 weeks isn't bad. With the glut of new gun buyers out there, service waits are getting longer at all the manufacturers. I've been quoted 3-4 months turnaround time from some.