Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Best part is they are getting up to speed on emails...

John

·
Administrator
32,148 Posts
Wow! KT is answering emails?

Must be a new employee. ;D

·
Registered
75 Posts
i had a barrel issue a few months back and had no problem over the phone... i guess they've gotten a bit more covered up as so many people have bought these little gems since then, as someone else posted in another thread that the phones were busy...

my service was great though, a brand new barrel straight from the mailroom, it didn't even make it up the chain to the phone rep :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a simple issue with recoil springs being curved after use.

E-mailed them through their website.

They e-mailed me back within 2 hours! Saying your parts will be mailed out tomorrow - no charge.

Excellent customer service in my opinion.

Oh, they did ask for my mailing address, firearm serial #, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just contacted kel tec, i sent my gun in two days ago, and they said it would take ten weeks??
is that a joke?
if i knew it was gonna take that long, i would of had it locally serviced. >:(

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
seehowmaduare said:
I just contacted kel tec, i sent my gun in two days ago, and they said it would take ten weeks??
is that a joke?
What issues were you having to send it back to KT? Short of cracked or broken components, these little pistols are easy enough for my wife to work on. Rather than sending off the pistol or paying a smith to work on the pistol, I or many of the other knowledgeable members here can pretty much talk you through most any issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
KelTekCajun said:
[quote author=seehowmaduare link=1248964083/0#7 date=1249574047]I just contacted kel tec, i sent my gun in two days ago, and they said it would take ten weeks??
is that a joke?
What issues were you having to send it back to KT? Short of cracked or broken components, these little pistols are easy enough for my wife to work on. Rather than sending off the pistol or paying a smith to work on the pistol, I or many of the other knowledgeable members here can pretty much talk you through most any issue. [/quote]

well it would sometimes misfire the whole clip. and some times not misfire at all. it was extremely inconsistent. i shot around 150 rounds through it before sending it back, but it was just getting irritating. i cleaned and polished it many times. it didnt matter what kind of ammo i used, i tried three different makes. i wish i wouldt of waited before sending it back, but i didnt have any idea it would of taken that long.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
When you say misfire, do you mean you would pull the trigger and the round would not go bang? Or, are you talking about either a failure to eject or failure to feed?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
seehowmaduare said:
is that a joke?
Why the heck were ya calling them 2 days after ya sent it in to them???
There really is no need to call them for service work. Follow their instructions ;

Should your pistol require adjustment, refinishing, or repair, it should be returned
to the factory, unloaded.
In shipping the pistol, be sure to adhere to the following rules:
Individuals who wish to return the handgun for service can do so by shipping it
prepaid to the address below. No return authorization number is required.
Include a letter of instruction, full name, address, telephone number, and the gun's
serial number. This will ensure prompt service and handling. Once your pistol has
been received, anything other than warranty work will receive a quotation. You will
be notified of full charges and no work will commence before receiving your approval
of our quotation.
All quotations are payable by money orders, Visa, & MasterCard only.
No COD's or personal checks will be accepted. Please return your pistol to:

Kel-Tec CNC Inc.
Service Dept.
1475 Cox Road
Cocoa, FL 32926
BTW normal service time is 4-8 weeks with some coming in quicker some later , try calling them back in 8 weeks  ;)
Around here a good gun smith takes about the same time and they ain't free (Burley who is on his 12 week waiting on his Vaquero to come home  :-/  )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why the heck were ya calling them 2 days after ya sent it in to them???
There really is no need to call them for service work. Follow their instructions ;

Should your pistol require adjustment, refinishing, or repair, it should be returned
to the factory, unloaded.
In shipping the pistol, be sure to adhere to the following rules:
Individuals who wish to return the handgun for service can do so by shipping it
prepaid to the address below. No return authorization number is required.
Include a letter of instruction, full name, address, telephone number, and the gun's
serial number. This will ensure prompt service and handling. Once your pistol has
been received, anything other than warranty work will receive a quotation. You will
be notified of full charges and no work will commence before receiving your approval
of our quotation.
All quotations are payable by money orders, Visa, & MasterCard only.
No COD's or personal checks will be accepted. Please return your pistol to:

Kel-Tec CNC Inc.
Service Dept.
1475 Cox Road
Cocoa, FL 32926
BTW normal service time is 4-8 weeks with some coming in quicker some later , try calling them back in 8 weeks  ;)
Around here a good gun smith takes about the same time and they ain't free (Burley who is on his 12 week waiting on his Vaquero to come home  :-/  )[/quote]

Ya, i guess, ive just never sent it in before so i  didnt know it would take that long. thanks for the advice, they recieved it today, so all i can do is wait.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
10 weeks isn't bad. With the glut of new gun buyers out there, service waits are getting longer at all the manufacturers. I've been quoted 3-4 months turnaround time from some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts