Kel-Tec Customer Service - A-1

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Shooter_04, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Shooter_04

Shooter_04 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I've been a lurker for a long time and just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who help out on this forum.  I have a Gen 2 P38T that has been flawless with Winchester FMJ and SXT (about 400 or so rounds total Serial # HGJ##).  Just recently, I've had FTE's (empty case inside chamber with a fresh round from the mag against the empty case) thus causing a secondary malfunction.

I cleaned and lubed the pistol and got the same thing after 1 mag (my wrist is locked). I examined the pistol and all looked good.  I'm guessing, but I think it may be the recoil spring (which looked slightly bent, but most likely from use).  The extractor and ejector looks OK.  I have three mags and had the same thing happen with all three.

I called KT and asked if it would be possible to send me a new recoil spring, extractor and extractor retainer (plus a new extractor screw) before I sent the pistol into them for service.  I spoke to a very pleasant lady who said she would send the parts out ASAP.

I received the parts in a few days and just put them in today.  I feel very confident this will resolve the problem.  I'll let you guys know in a few days. Please don't think I'm bagging on this great little pistol because I'm not, I'm just letting everyone know how happy I am with this forum and KT service.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi! Congrats on your first post.

I will readily agree with your assessment of Kel-Tecs service. Hopefully the new parts will resolve all your issues.

Take care...

3. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Yup. ..when it comes to service Kt is the best...springs went out on mine I called,they sent two new ones,two days later they were installed..NO CHARGE..life is good...Welcome aboard

4. SweetKnuckles

SweetKnuckles New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Color me a fan of KT customer service for sure. Took awhile, but things were fixed properly.

5. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Kel-Tec Customer Service is the BEST. I'm lucky enough that I live within 45 minutes and have always had service on the two firearms done while I wait...never longer that 30 minutes :)

Boggs

P.S. I wish they would make a super-small 45 ACP. The smallest I can find is the Kahr PM-45 and it is $800 plus...too much for my budget!

Boggs

6. Shooter_04

Shooter_04 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sorry for the delay...........Put in the new parts and shot 50 rounds of Winchester SXT...........Back to 100%....... Extraction was excellent..........I think a new recoil spring (s) would have done the trick alone .   If you have a fair number of rounds through your gun it wouldn't hurt to replace them.