Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a lurker for a long time and just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who help out on this forum.  I have a Gen 2 P38T that has been flawless with Winchester FMJ and SXT (about 400 or so rounds total Serial # HGJ##).  Just recently, I've had FTE's (empty case inside chamber with a fresh round from the mag against the empty case) thus causing a secondary malfunction.

I cleaned and lubed the pistol and got the same thing after 1 mag (my wrist is locked). I examined the pistol and all looked good.  I'm guessing, but I think it may be the recoil spring (which looked slightly bent, but most likely from use).  The extractor and ejector looks OK.  I have three mags and had the same thing happen with all three.

I called KT and asked if it would be possible to send me a new recoil spring, extractor and extractor retainer (plus a new extractor screw) before I sent the pistol into them for service.  I spoke to a very pleasant lady who said she would send the parts out ASAP.

I received the parts in a few days and just put them in today.  I feel very confident this will resolve the problem.  I'll let you guys know in a few days. Please don't think I'm bagging on this great little pistol because I'm not, I'm just letting everyone know how happy I am with this forum and KT service.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi! Congrats on your first post.

I will readily agree with your assessment of Kel-Tecs service. Hopefully the new parts will resolve all your issues.

Take care...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yup. ..when it comes to service Kt is the best...springs went out on mine I called,they sent two new ones,two days later they were installed..NO CHARGE..life is good...Welcome aboard

·
Registered
437 Posts
Kel-Tec Customer Service is the BEST. I'm lucky enough that I live within 45 minutes and have always had service on the two firearms done while I wait...never longer that 30 minutes :)

Boggs

P.S. I wish they would make a super-small 45 ACP. The smallest I can find is the Kahr PM-45 and it is $800 plus...too much for my budget!

Boggs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the delay...........Put in the new parts and shot 50 rounds of Winchester SXT...........Back to 100%....... Extraction was excellent..........I think a new recoil spring (s) would have done the trick alone .   If you have a fair number of rounds through your gun it wouldn't hurt to replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts