Kel-Tec Company History

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by P3AT_Fan, Dec 4, 2005.

1. P3AT_Fan

P3AT_Fan New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    I'd be grateful for any direction provided on where I can find information on Kel-Tec history as a company. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing if members of their design teams ever worked for other (now out-of-business) companies. This question has plagued my mind ever since I first saw the p32 and p11 designs and thought... "where have I seen something like this before?" Then today I was looking at some products from a out-of-business company called Grendel. The Grendel p10 has many similarities to the Kel-Tec p32 and p11. No shocker there. I think many designers starting from scratch would come up with similar features.... they just make sense. However.... then I came across a Grendel rifle stock with shocking similarity to the SU-16C... you know the one with the stock that folds behind the pistol grip so that it can still be fired while folded? That is such a distinctive feature, its hard to imagine two seperate designers coming up with it independantly. Can anyone fill me in here?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas