Kel-Tec Busy?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rustyg, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Rustyg

Rustyg New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    I have been looking for a P3AT for more than six weeks with no luck.  I have found 1 or 2 for sale but at really inflated prices.  

One dealer told me it was hard to get anything from Kel-Tec right now due to them making other CNC machined parts for someone else (NASA).  

Anyone here work for or are close to Kel-Tec that might have the real story?

I'm hoping its just huge demand and not a shift in production, but I really could'nt blame them for taking the most lucrative deal in this economy.

Someone clear this up, please.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I just love how this one keeps going. Our Kel-Tec does NOT make parts for NASA (or anyone else except maybe Ruger who steal them to put in the LCP3AT ;) )

BUT, as I understand it, they do make guns in batches not having a complete assembly line for each weapon. Therefore they come out to the market in batches. P3ATs are plenty available right now - check out gunbroker.com They are to be found but there is not so much excess that a distributor and/or dealer can just call up and say "send me a few of these."

-Scott

3. JB

JB Guest

I just love how this one keeps going.  Our Kel-Tec does NOT make parts for NASA (or anyone else except maybe Ruger who steal them to put in the LCP3AT  ;) )

[highlight]BUT, as I understand it, they do make guns in batches not having a complete assembly line for each weapon.  Therefore they come out to the market in batches. [/highlight] P3ATs are plenty available right now - check out gunbroker.com  They are to be found but there is not so much excess that a distributor and/or dealer can just call up and say "send me a few of these."

-Scott
    [/quote]

That's what the owner of my favorite GS has said, in the past (BTW, he carries a P3AT daily and says that the P11 just might be his favorite of all the handguns in his own, personal collection.)  He says that he orders one or two of each model, all at once (fairly small store, which is part of the reason I like it, so he only keeps one or two of anything in stock at any given time), and he might get a P32 one week, a PF9 the next week, P11 the next week and a P3AT the week after that.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Some one ::) use to keep watch over new owners and their serial Numbers and It always showed a consistant production of just over 2000 p3ats per week,

So If new purchasers would call KT and get their manufacturing date and then post Info, the production rate could be checked