Kel-Tec 9-Rounder

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by omnistuff, Jun 7, 2010.

1. omnistuff

omnistuff New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Received my Kel-Tec 9-round magazine ( by Mec-Gar) today and took off to the range. Put 50-rounds through the tube with just a single burp which I believe was not the fault of the mag, but limp-wristing of one round in the final 10-rounds which gave me a stove-pipe. The P-3AT is not a pleasant pistol to do a lot of shooting with, but it will do the job in a clutch, I'm sure.

The 9-round mag kind of relegates the pistol to either inside or out side the belt holster carry in my particular case. I have a clip on the gun and may try to figure out if there is a comfortable way to carry the weapon using it in place of a holster.  

2. Agent-Adam

Agent-Adam New Member

May 19, 2010
    Is that 9 rounder aftermarket even though mecgar makes the factory ones also or are you referring to the one KT offers ? Does it have the plastic sleeve,spacer, grip extension thing at the bottom or is it just a straight steel mag tube?

3. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Let us know how it carries. I'm curious about them. I carrying in a pocket holster in my back pocket. Let me know if there is room to do this.

Here are some stock pictures from Kel-tec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I have several friends who are interested in the 9 round magazine for the P3AT, but haven't got one yet. My experience with the 10 round one for the P-32 has been good overall. Did you notice if it helped with rapid fire control of the pistol?

Best Regards:

5. darts

darts New Member

May 2, 2010
    Been posted about before, but these look fairly decent. A P380 that holds 10, pretty sweet.

Now to get some universal grips from Traction Grips and cut 'em down to fit so it matches my 380... perfect.