Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you keep your Hogue grip in place?
Thought about using super glue but not sure if I want to go permanent.
What about double sided tape, either Scotch or the foam type.

I just cut and fit mine and was thinking that the recoil is going to make it move, for sure if I don't afix it somehow.

Todays range report, shot 15 rounds yesterday and the rest of the 100 today. Rem UMC and Fiocchi.
Had one FTE towards the 50 mark and about 1 every other mag after that.
Figured it needed a cleaning after the first 50 so I'm not to worried about the FTF's at this point, so I came inside and cleaned her good, lubed it up and re-assembled. Will try it out again tomorrow.

I like having a range in my back yard. ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Some have used a drop or 2 or superglue,  It's not permenent.  Others have used anything and everything you can think of including stuffing the back of the grip with strips of mousepad.  On my P3AT/32NAA, I have gone to a better fitting grip (Uncle Mike's small auto).  It's also a bit thinner, textured, and has no finger swells.

My P32 sports this:

http://www.aglaser.com/grips/index.html 

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
TxCajun said:
 Others have used anything and everything you can think of including stuffing the back of the grip with strips of mousepad

That's me  :)    I cut some strips and inserted them vertically along the back of the grip under the Handall, Jr. .  It not only helps hold the Handall in place, it also adds to the horizonal length of the grip.  This has the effect of making trigger pull feel a bit shorter.  

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put a band of bicycle innertube on my P3AT's grip first, then put the Handall over top of that.

The innertube is a tight fit on the grip and the rubber on rubber contact holds the Handall in place quite well.

:)

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
How in the world can you get a molded grip on the gun with 3M tape under it?
That's some way serious sticky stuff.

It's hard enough to put one on a gun with nothing holding it from going on!

rcmodel

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use just a couple of quick sprays from my wife's hair spray bottle. The grip slides on very easy immediately after spraying. Let it sit for a few minutes and it holds amazingly well.

NOTE: While cleaning keep any solvents, de-greasers, etc. from the grip area as they will dissolve the hardened hair spray.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hair spray works very well. Also contact adhesive would work. The contact adhesive would probably be permanent and messy.
I have a Houge Handall Jr. on my P3AT and it fits very tight. It was almost impossible to install. It was a three handed operation to slide it on the grip.

·
Registered
150 Posts
By tube grip, I take it you mean inner tube?
I did that but it moves a bit, probably because I haven't got my grip extension yet. I think I'll try the hair spray trick. I do like the price of a tube grip ;D. the bicycle shop gets rid of them all the time.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Personally, I have never liked the Hogue Handall Jr grip. I don't like the palm swell; it's bulky and uncomfortable in my hand. On the other hand, the small Pachmayr slip-on grip, especially if installed upside-down, seems like it was cutom-made for the P3AT. It also stays in place without glue or hairspray. No palm swell and a better conceal profile. JMHO. I must say, though, that tube grip of yours, Packer, is pretty sweet looking.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Thanks, Dave! Even if you buy the tube new, from WM, $4 will get you enough tube for about 20 grips. I have had this grip on all of my P3ATs and both P11s--even on the PF-11 for a while.

On my other two P3ATs and one P-11 though, I have swiched to THESE grips:

They are VERY comfortable.

Packer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.