Kalashnikitty shirts - winter run!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by greywolf2112, Sep 29, 2009.

1. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Howdy, everyone! Yes, it is once again time for the semi-annual Kalashnikitty shirt production run. This year, I'll be offering shirts in grey and black, as well as long-sleeve and sweatshirt designs in both colors.

I will be taking orders until Sunday, November 1 and the order with my shirt maker will go in on Monday November 2. I should have the shirts in my hands and shipping out by the third week of November and they will ship out immediately by Priority Mail. Occasionally things get delayed or sped up depending on his inventory, workload, shipping issues, etc. - but I'm giving myself enough time this time to hopefully get around these occasional issues. If a delay does occur, though, it may be around Thanksgiving when the shirts start arriving on your doorstep.

Here's the procedure for getting the shirts (this makes it a LOT easier for me to track and ship these things ASAP)

Email me (erickelly1@verizon.net) with the following:

1 - Number, color, style (short-sleeve, long-sleeve, or sweatshirt) and sizes you want - sizes are Child's Medium, Child's Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, Adult XL, Adult 2XL, and Adult 3XL.

2 - Your name and address

3 - How you would like to pay for them (Check, Money Order, Paypal)

Shirts now come in TWO colors - an ash grey (very nice) and black - shirts are high-quality, long lasting, very soft. I've never gotten an email from any of my previous customers saying, "The shirt shrunk, faded, looks horrible after 3 months, etc." - these really are quite nice shirts.

Shirts come in THREE styles - short-sleeve, long-sleeve, and sweatshirt. Necks are normal round, not V. Sizes are a little large, so if ordering for a woman, or a "slight" framed person, or for a tighter fit, go one size smaller.

Pricing - I have, in the past 8 years, never raised the price, even though my cost has gone up. And yet, I finally must do so by $1 per shirt - I've tried for the longest time to not do this, but the time is finally here :(

Any size (short-sleeve) up to XL is $21, 2XL is $22.50 and 3XL is $23.00

Long-sleeve shirts - add $3.00

Sweatshirts - add $6.00

Black shirts are an extra $2.50 per shirt (regardless of style - just add $2.50) - please specify the color you want.

Shipping via 2-3 day Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation is $5.00 for 1 shirt, and an extra $2.50 per shirt after that. (I am holding the line on shipping, though it has gone up as well - I'll eat the extra here for you guys!)

Check, MO, or Paypal is good for payments. If using Paypal, add 4% to the total payment, including the shipping.

** When you email me your order, include your full name and mailing address. I will email you back with the total.

Below are some pictures of the graphic and various people wearing them. Thanks again to everyone and spread the word!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

erickelly1@verizon.net

2. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    A quick reminder - please understand that I have no shirts in stock - I collect orders until the end of the month, then get the shirts made and shipped to me, then I ship them out. I apologize that it takes a bit of time. If you want, you can hold payment until the end of October, but PLEASE don't place an order if you have any doubts about your ability to pay - I have about a 10%-15% no-pay rate, which leaves me stuck with inventory that is often hard to move for a while (not to mention it clutters up the house, much to the wife's chagrin!)

Here's a picture of Kalashnikitty in the Swiss Alps - she sure does get around!

[​IMG]

3. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    A picture of the black shirts.

[​IMG]

4. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Kalashnikitty helps bring home the bacon!

[​IMG]

NOTE - I will be away on vacation until Thursday, Oct. 15 - so if you email me with an order or question, I'll get back to you on that date.

5. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Back from vacation and taking orders - you have 2 weeks left to place them!

Kalashnikitty vs. MOAB - who will prevail?

[​IMG]

6. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Ordering ends on Sunday, Nov. 1 -

I LOVE this picture!

[​IMG]

7. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Another shameless bump - and look, even the guys can wear the shirts - though it seems to attract a lot of unwanted attention.

[​IMG]

8. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    One week to go! Great gift idea for the kids!

[​IMG]

9. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Just a few more days to get your orders in!

[​IMG]

10. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Monday morning by 1000 EST is when I will stop taking orders - please get those orders to me before then!

Great gift for the ladies in your life!

[​IMG]

11. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    To my customers:

I would like to apologize to everyone who has been more-than-patiently waiting since November for your shirts. I have been trying very hard to ensure that your shirts would be delivered before Christmas, as I know many of you had been counting on them to be used as gifts. Unfortunately, my shirt-maker has completely dropped the ball on producing them and can no longer guarantee that I will ever receive them, despite having been paid 6 weeks ago to produce them. I just found out that my shirt-maker, the person to whom I’ve given over $30,000 in business over the past 8 years, has been lying to me for the past 2 months about his ability to produce and deliver the products that I ordered on your behalf. I paid him over 6 weeks ago, being promised that the shirts would be delivered to me before Thanksgiving. When that didn’t happen, he began to give me various excuses (the entire staff coming down with Swine Flu, then Strep) and the latest, that his printing press broke down last week and when he went to another printer to do the order they screwed him over and didn’t deliver on their order. He told me today that he was going to try and get another printer to do it on Friday, but this was the last straw.

My first thought was to offer you all a choice – either a full refund or to wait until I found another shirt-maker locally that could produce the shirts. However, given that this would take at least a few weeks, and with Christmas coming next week (with the inevitable slow-down in business), I decided against that. I also do not want to once more ask you to wait and trust me since that trust has been damaged due to this incident.

I am issuing you all immediate refunds for the Kalashnikitty shirts you ordered. I can no longer in good conscience continue to accept this sort of ****-poor service from a vendor and string you along. I would rather stop making these shirts altogether than have this on my conscience. Therefore, expect a refund in the mail within the next few days. For those of you who paid by Paypal, you will get a full refund including the Paypal fee. For those of you who paid by check or money order, your refund will include the cost of one postage stamp so that you won’t be out that amount from when you sent in the payment by mail. I will have to send you all checks in the mail (don’t worry, unlike my shirt-maker, I’m good for it). If this is a problem please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

I wish I had some way of relating to you just how frustrated and angered (and embarrassed) I am about this. I hold myself and my actions, in my job, business, and personal life, to a very high standard, and feel that I have let you down as well as betrayed your trust. For this I apologize and hope that your disappointment and anger are at least partially mitigated by this explanation.

Please contact me if you wish or have any problem or delays in getting your refunds.

Sincerely,

Eric
    Erickelly1@verizon.net

PS – for the time being, I am suspending all operations and production of the shirts until such time as I receive recompense from the shirt-maker, as well as determining whether my business reputation is such that I have earned my patron’s trust again.

12. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    eric, this is truly a stand up move by you and speaks volumes to your integrity as a business person.  i would not hesitate to do business with you in the future, and would recommend you even in light of this.

13. TechnoTherapist

TechnoTherapist New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I'm with RJ. I was not part of this order, but after this explanation, I will gladly purchase a few shirts from you when you start operations up again. I'll be around, just let me know.

Cy

14. greywolf2112

greywolf2112 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Thanks, guys - comments like this make the frustration and anger diminish a little.

15. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    as I was posting, and then my pc decided to crash....i have dealt with eric in the past, he has always been forthright and stand up and easy to deal with.

he will get a recommendation from me any time. this just goes to reinforce it.

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Eric - Sometimes stuff happens that is beyond our control. The best thing to do is man-up, apologize, and make it good. Thanks for showing folks how it's done. :cool: