Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have other guns that are tactical, I wanted this one to be a bit different. I'm still reassembling some parts so for now I give you just the tip.

In case you were wondering why the crazy clown colors, I was going for a look similar to the helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The finished product.

I may have gone a bit nuts with the red, I'm not sure if I want to repaint the red to white or leave it as is. As time goes on the paint will get a little beat up and scraped, but that is exactly what I want so I'm ok with a few bumps here and there.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks cool. But one of the things i use to love about paintball (15yrs ago) in the woods. All the kids with bright colored guns you could pick out from a mile away. Its a cool looking paint scheme. But. The hiding is harder.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nothing a bit of brwn and od green couldnt fix though. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks cool. But one of the things i use to love about paintball (15yrs ago) in the woods. All the kids with bright colored guns you could pick out from a mile away. Its a cool looking paint scheme. But. The hiding is harder.
Haha yeah not easy to hide for sure, unless I was trying to hide among a herd of zebras. I would use a different gun if hunting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great! Can I ask what product you used? It seems to have covered well.
+1 Like the look. Was wondering myself
Are you guys wondering about the paint or the cheek pad?

The paint is regular spray paint you can get at Home Depot, I used 2X Ultra Cover flat white paint+primer in one. A few layers of white and a few layers of satin clear, same for the red. I painted each part separately after disassembling the weapon. The cheek rest is 99 cent self adhesive foam you can get at Michael's or any craft store. I measured and cut a piece to fit over the metal cheek rest.

I have two friends who have never shot a shotgun before. I used this painted KSG to teach them both with dummy rounds at first for about 20 minutes each, then live fire with about 200 shells. So far no problems with the paint scheme.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.