Just sent my slide back...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by SteelManCM, Jun 10, 2010.

1. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    The spring on my "guide rod" decided to show itself at the range the last time I took it. I called Kel Tec Service and they told me to return the slide for a warranty replacement.

Good guys down there.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Does Yours fall in that serial number range.?

3. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Yes, it is J6UXX

Kel Tec service had me send just the slide, not the whole gun as was mentioned in the other thread.

4. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Mine's pretty close to your serial number. About how many rounds did you have through it?

5. Zip196

Zip196 New Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoFL
    Same thing happened to mine (same serial # range). Had 350-400 rounds through it. Broken in and running sweet. :-? BOING

Kel-tec had the new slide (plus guide rod and springs) out and back in 3 weeks.

Runs like a top and all broken in again...

:cool:

6. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I bought it used at a show. Put about a hundred through it. Called Kel Tec, was told to send it in.

7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    My slide was developing a protrusion around the recoil spring hole, after maybe 200 rounds; I contacted Kel-Tec and they had me send in the slide assembly. I received a new slide assembly in about 2 weeks. So far it has worked fine.

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    My J2Rxx had the problem which was stopped/arrested by using a nylon washer bought (5 to the package if I remember correctly) from one of the members here on KTOG. Anyway, I finally got around to sending the slide in to Kel-Tec and had it replaced. Got maybe 100-150 rounds on the new slide and so far all seems well. My HC P3AT (JPMxx) has not shown any signs of slide peening.

Good luck with your replacement.

9. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Thanks, guys. It was received in Cocoa on Friday. Hopefully it will be home soon...

10. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Received my slide today. They replaced the slide, barrel, guide rod and springs. The even polished the feed ramp on the new barrel. Instead of the blued version, they sent the parkerized slide, which is great because I had already spoken to a local smith about parkerizing it when it got back. Saved me some dough. The barrel is parked, too which gives it a good "black-out" look.

Kel-Tec received the slide on 6/11, I received the replacement on 7/12. Mark me down as a happy camper.

took it to the range today and had NO issues whatsoever.

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Glad to hear that. Heck, the finish upgrade was certainly above and beyond the call. :cool:

12. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I definitely agree. I received an email last Friday and a note on the work order stating that they were out of the blued slides. My arm STILL hurts from the twisting. ;)

13. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Darn the luck. [smiley=happy.gif]

14. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    so you're saying you sent in a damaged slide and got back slide/barrel/springs?

Because they were out of blued, and you wanted a parked to begin with....

that is great

15. SteelManCM

SteelManCM New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I actually sent in my Slide, Barrel, Springs and Rod. They replaced all of it. The whole kit and kaboodle.

The park job was just an added bonus from my standpoint. We have a guy that just did the slide, pins and mag catch on my dad's PF-9 for $35. He did a GREAT job and when we were first talking to him about doing it, I decided to get my P3AT done when it got back.

Lo and behold, I reassembled my dad's PF-9 Saturday night, received my upper assembly Monday morning, we both shot our Parkerized Kel-Tecs for the first time Monday afternoon.

Now I'm thinking about getting my P-11 done, though it is not an everyday carry piece.