Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???I fired my new P3AT and everything was great! Then I attempted to clean it. I unloaded and then I pulled the trigger. Then I pulled out the pin to remove the slide. Oops! I guess that was a "no-no". Everything is jambed tight. Do I have to send it back or is there a "fix"? I can't believe that I'm the first to do such a thing. Help, please!

This is my first post so please go easy on me.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Push the barrel hood down out of battery with the slide with your thumb, and then cycle the slide back to re-set the hammer.

Failing that, take a tapered punch or small screwdriver and reach into the pin hole and try to line the barrel cam back up enough to put the pin back in.

Ain't no big deal, just gonna take some fooling around with it.

rcmodel

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Do you mean that the slide won't come off?
Just did it with mine and the slide comes off.

Or that you can't get the slide to go back on far enough to put the pin back in?
If that is the case pull the hammer back till it is sitting on the hammer block again.(half cocked)

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I agree with Zeke that the slide should come off.
There really isn't anything to keep it on after you pull the pin out.

If you can't get it open, whack it on the back of the slide and it will probably fly off and break out your picture window. :eek:

rcmodel

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Hi! Welcome to K'TOG! I guess you have figured out that THIS IS NOT A GLOCK! Next time don't pull the trigger.

Oh! Please be sure and post pics of the broken picture window.   ;D

Packer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:)Thanks guys,
You are correct. It's not a GLOCK. I have both a 26 and a 23. Guess that's why I did it. I'll try again after the ball game to get the slide off. But yes, the slide is locked in place solidly and Kel-Tec is not open again till 1/08/07.

Thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
::)Thanks again everyone,

I did get it off with a little persuasion. I was leary of using force until you "experts" offered some advise. BTW I put 300 rounds thru it, both FMJ and JHP. It was flawless.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hey you can't call us that >:(

Well rcmodel is but, the rest of us have just already done the same things. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.