just sanded down the magazine release.........

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bigjake6, Dec 27, 2007.

1. bigjake6

bigjake6 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    i got tired of the magazine releasing while in my pocket. i sanded down and buffed the release with the dremmel. i am ver satisfied, looks factory-fresh.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    A little known feature of the P3... They are adjustable.  :cool:

3. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Did mine week one -- years ago. Left front pocket carry leaves it especially vulnerable left stock.

--Plex

4. scoutdog71

scoutdog71 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    I did mine a while back after a couple of loose mags, now no more problems. ;)

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Yep, it works for the p3at and other kt guns too. I rather like mine filed down a bit.

6. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Hey Tx,
    Could you elaborate on the "adjustability" of the P3's mag release assembly?

GoVols

7. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Not Tx, but the adjustment is how much of the mag release button you sand off. Purpose being to make it harder to accidentally release the mag. I have mine almost flush with the grip. I have to use the tip or edge of my finger to push it in below flush to release. As you might figure I won't be doing tactical reloads with this gun.

8. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I feel silly now! A little slow to catch Tx's humor wasn't I?!!!

GoVols

9. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Not to feel bad. Tx's humor is a tad bit on the dry side.

10. +1 Rat...

I have been preaching that  "adjustment" for a while!  All of mine have metal catches, and I filed them all down.

For my big hams, I consider it a must on these tiny guns.

[​IMG]

The Black on Black is the always gun.... The catch is just below flush at some spots.

[​IMG]

The other two (Metal Mag not shown on the blue) are not so severe, but still flush / just above flush.

11. Tx does humor ? ::) ;)

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Hmm... guess it needs a little grease on the slide rails. ;D

13. Makarov_9x18

Makarov_9x18 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Naw..Tx's humor is just about right. Not caring about a tactical reload on my P3, I did the same thing and I love this little gun!!!!!

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Humm, I had not thought of this. I think I might give it a try, though I've personally had a problem.

A couple of days ago my Dad was shooting my P3AT. He fired it twice and each time the magazine fell out afterward. I watched him closely on the next round and saw that his right hand thumb was pressing the mag catch on the recoil. Had him move his thumb and adjust his grip and all was well.