Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Re: Just got my slide and barrel Ceraguarded from

kraigster. u will like that finish, far less lubricant needed to. Can't wear the finish off at all. They do nice work, not cheap but neither is life. nice peace ;D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

jocko said:
kraigster. u will like that finish, far less lubricant needed to. Can't wear the finish off at all. They do nice work, not cheap but neither is life. nice peace ;D
Jocko, the second photo got washed out a little with the flash, the black is deeper - more like the top photo.

I like it so much I think I am going to send them my SA XD40 slide for Ceraguarding. They ain't speedsters (APW) but they do good work. I just ran 50 rounds through it to make sure the finishing didn't interfere with the tolerances (tolerances!? On a P3AT?! Surely you jest, right? According to the factory, if it goes bang, it's good to go.
;D). But alas, I digress. Zero failures, the gun is just as reliable as it was before, just purtier. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks RC. I'll have to try taking a photo in the daylight without the flash to show the richness of the color but you get the idea. You'll notice too that after 50 rounds of test firing not a scratch or ding to the surface finish from ejected brass. That's a good sign. I had my XD40 slide CobraCoated by Tripp Research and it's got dings all over it but to be fair, they didn't develop all at once.

I am seriously thinking of sending my XD slide and barrel off to APW for Ceraguarding - I am partial to the matte black option. 'Should look nice on the XD's ODG frame. I was going to have the slide hard chromed but I prefer to keep the ODG/black original look.

·
Registered
585 Posts

kraigster414 said:
It took longer than I expected - 6 weeks but I am very happy with the results.  Had both the slide and barrel done.  This is the second P3AT I've had APW work on.  My little spitfire now laughs at rust.   :D
So, how expensive was this facelift? ;D

TucsonMTB . . . who is cheap cost conscious

·
Registered
836 Posts

Looks great.
Can you send a break down picture that shows the barrel and slide? I am curious to see how the barrel is holding up.

Thank you,
BC

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

K: Is that a grey grip. I almost looks to have a teal color but that may be the light, photo etc. Looks sharp. 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts

I GOTTA HAVE IT! ;) Thinking about having it ported, too.

Is it possible that porting it might affect the operation, since the gas would be escaping sooner than designed? Anyone have a problem with a ported P3AT?

Did you break the pistol down into 2 separate shipments, or send it in one box next day air? What'd it cost to ship?

G

·

bombtech said:
I GOTTA HAVE IT! ;) Thinking about having it ported, too.

Is it possible that porting it might affect the operation, since the gas would be escaping sooner than designed?  Anyone have a problem with a ported P3AT?

Did you break the pistol down into 2 separate shipments, or send it in one box next day air?  What'd it cost to ship?
My 380 and my 32 are both ported and they work perfect. Have said this before. have over 4300 flawless rounds through my 24/7 ccw. If you like to shoot um like I do, port the darn thing, it just makes it so much nicer. recoil is darn near gone.--looks nice to. apw ported mine. looks just like the one they show in their advertisement. It won't effect the operation of the weapon at all. ;D

G

·

fatman said:
Has anyone checked the velocity of these guns before and after porting?
never seen any reports done on the 380 kt, magna port claims no loss of velocity, apw, Bob Cogan claims around 8% loss. Negliable IMO, but we can argue the merits of porting over non porting till hell freezes over.  I personally have shot ported weapons ever since magna port started in business.  I like um.  I love my ported 380 and 32.  They are just so pleasurable to shoot, really makes these little guns fun guns to shoot.  Now if there is an 8% loss, I can live with that for more than likely in my lifetime I am not going to have to use it on a BG anyhow and if so, I don't think that % of loss will make that much difference, but for all the shooting that I do with these mini kt, they are very pleasurable guns to shoot, to me a good trade off.
Some say they are nosier, that might be, but I shoot with shooting muffs anyway, so that is a no brainer. BG maybe wil lthink I am shooting a mini 44 magnum instead of a 32 u think??? My second shot with my ported kt's is right there ready for me to pullthe trigger and that I really like.

·
Registered
871 Posts

jocko said:
never seen any reports done on the 380 kt, magna port claims no loss of velocity, apw, Bob Cogan claims around 8% loss. Negliable IMO, but we can argue the merits of porting over non porting till hell freezes over.  I personally have shot ported weapons ever since magna port started in business.  I like um.  I love my ported 380 and 32.  They are just so pleasurable to shoot, really makes these little guns fun guns to shoot.  Now if there is an 8% loss, I can live with that for more than likely in my lifetime I am not going to have to use it on a BG anyhow and if so, I don't think that % of loss will make that much difference,
jocko, if there is an 8% drop in velocity, that could well be 70 to 80fps!

And we really don't know for sure how much loss there really is.

Since the P-3AT is already right on the threshold of good bullet expanding velocity, 8% could be critical with jhp ammo.

If you carry fmj, that kind of velocity loss becomes less critical.

It sure would be nice if we could get one of the better jhp loads chrono'd from your pistol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.