Just Got My First P3AT, Need Acc. Help

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Danner, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Danner

Danner New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    It's a BUG to my EDC, and I'd like to get a holster (how best to carry?) and a grip sleeve.

Any BUG holster recommends most welcome.

Are there any grip sleeves that don't require sanding/gluing?

What about the metal Kel-Tec clip? yea or nay?

BTW, here's the kit:
    [​IMG]

2. Welcome Danner!

The 3AT can be a great lil BUG or EDC.

For carry:

My Preference is the 5:11 system.  The Shirt and Holster.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are many other options available:
    [​IMG]

3. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    i like the belt clip, it suits my purposes quite well. I also have the Hogue Handall Jr. on my grip. It moves around slightly, but not so much it bothers me. I hear great things about the AGlaser grips sold by a KTOGer here, but I think it might require glue/adhesive. Someone else want to chime in here?

4. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    There is no glue required with the AGLaser grips. There is already an industriall streength adhesive on the recoil reduction pads, and the grip sleeve holds them even better. They recommend that you sand and clean w/ denatured alcohol, but I know there are members who didn't do this. Just make sure it is VERY clean (I did use alcohol) and off you go! I have them on my PF9, and they make a HUGE difference, IMNSHO.

-Matt

5. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    Nice P7! Would like to try one of those squeeze-cockers some day. Is that your EDC?

6. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    BTW, most of us prefer pocket carry for the P3. I, personally, pocket carry my PF9 in an Uncle Mike's #4 holster, and carry my P3 in a Desantis Apache Ankle Rig as a BUG. The P3 fits in the Uncle Mike's #1, but some people use the Desantis Nemesis for pocket carry. I am waiting for this one:

http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/pocket_holster.html

for when I can't carry the PF9.

-Matt

7. CHW111

CHW111 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Boca Raton, Florida
    K&D make a good pocket holster and a +1 extention is all I think you need.
    ;) :cool: :-? ::)

8. Danner

Danner New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Eggs-a-lant!  Thanks.

I will give the Hogue Handall Jr. a try first.  I read the install for the AGlaser and it sounded pretty irreversible.

Hey Nu-Agin:  what pinky extension is that on you mags?

Syndil:  Yes the P7 has been by EDC and IDPA gun for a few years now, that one has thousands of rounds down the tube, and has never missed a beat.  I'm a BIG fan of that pistol.

Yesterday I fired about 30 rounds of ball through the P3AT and one mag of carry (90gr. Gold Dots) and it ran 100%, so I am optimistic about this little puppy.

Here is a pic of my full EDC set-up.  Note the Uncle Mike's pocket holser I got with the P3AT (assume others are better):
    [​IMG]

9. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    The AGLaser grip DOES not reguire any glue, you just slip it on. The Energy Absorbing pads has adhesive on them,but if you want to take them off, just pull them off. BTW the Handle Jr does not fit the P3-AT without slipping.

10. Danner

Danner New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    These Noob questions must get old, yes? :p

Anywho, order status follows:

AG Laser slip-on grip and pads:  check
    Spare mag from KT: check
    Belt clip from KT: check
    (2) pinky mag ext. from KT: check
    call K&D in AM to get convertable inbound: pending

That is all.

Danner, out.

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Don't know what or where you read about AGlasser's stuff but there is nothing complex or irreversible about his stuff.  FWIW, I agree with this...
    And I do like AGlasser pads and grip too. :cool:

12. It has been so long since I got them I am not sure.... But I think they are Schere?

I know they are not NAA, and I don't think Bersa... so uh...yeah Schere!

Mitch.... who may have to stand corrected on this one!

13. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    On grips: I tried the bike inner tube and at first there was a problem with the sleeve sliding under fire and interfering with magazine changes. but I did this:

1 half-inch bike sleeve in the middle of the grip below the trigger guard.

1 1.5-inch sleeve over that.

1 2-inch sleeve over that.

These seem to stay in place. And they also seem to hold the frame where I want it during recoil, so that I'm back on target faster, better than with the pinky extender.

Maybe a Hogue would be better but I had to stop spending money...

Combined with the surgical tubing on the trigger, I now have a p3at I can live with, and have groups that are beginning to resemble my revolver groups.

Could not have transitioned to this wild-willed little pistol without the advice here! Thanks! :-*