JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DEALER

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TJG, Sep 6, 2007.

1. TJG

TJG New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate all the great threads! It Really looks like a great community out there and because of all your input I just purchased a new P3 and will enjoy learning more about them through all your help!

Thanks again TJ.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Congrates on the purchase and welcome to KTOG

I guess tonight you will give It a cleaning and Lube. Just be carefull not to loose the ejector Pt.115

And If use to ANY other pistol, just remember to release the trigger fully each time.

3. TJG

TJG New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    First day at the range with the new P3, 50 rounds and 2 FTE's. Cleaned and lubed it but still haven't done the F&B, do you think that would fix the problem? I made sure not to limpwrist, and nothing looks out of place or odd internally. Any input as to what the normal reason is for the FTE?

-any info helps, thanks TJ!!

4. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    TJG , you have a few options. 1 , just keep shooting it thru break in (150-250 rounds ) clean and lube every 50 or so rounds , it may go away.  2 , do a f&b. 3 , send it in
    I really don't think I'd send it in w/ out at least 200 rounds thru it and a f&b , just my .02
    These thing come pretty tight and the f&b just speeds up the break in. You don't really take off metal , just polish it.  BTW - Most will tell you not to ccw w/ a gun till you have ran a few hundred rounds thru it anyway. Good luck

5. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Shoot it like ya stole it, bud!

Burley was right on. Give it a good 200 rounds of FMJ. UNless you get major problems, that should work out any kinks.

Problems after 200, post and let us know.

Good luck and welcome aboard!!

6. sharpetop

sharpetop New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Make sure that the buttonhead screw holding the extractor is tight. If the extractor is loose you will have FTE.

Oh yea! Welcome!

7. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    My P3AT hiccuped a little the first time to the range, but cleaned up nicely. Except for when the extractor screw came loose, it has been very reliable. Way more reliable than the Kimber Ultra CDPII I had, which was 4x as much.