Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to the forum and new to Kel Tec.

I bought a PF9 for $175 a few weeks ago on a whim from my LGS. This is my first Kel Tec, although I've shot suite a number of different brands and prefer Berettas and 1911's.

I'm very impressed with this little gun - it's the prefect carry weapon. But my PF9 was bought used and the dealer didn't stock any magazines. I have only one magazine for my gun.

I figured that this would be easy. I can get a 92FS, PX4 or 1911 magazine just about anywhere. PF9 magazines should be everywhere as well, right?

Wrong.

CDNN - None.
Cabellas - None.
Midway - Sold Out
Cheaper Than Dirt - Sold Out
Brownells - Sold out.
Kel Tec - None

Ebay does have some PF9 magazines, but I don't want to pay $30 for a magazine that should only cost $21. I like to have at least 6 magazines for every gun I own, but if I buy them on Ebay, I'll be paying more for magazines than for the cost of the gun.

What's going on? Does Kel Tec just not have the production capacity? Do they make batches of guns and then re-tool? Is Kel Tec just pumping every production line into the KSG and their other products are being neglected? What gives?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was at the Kel Tec on line site about an hour ago and they had 7rd mag's, grip extensions and black +1 extensions in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I spoke too soon. The Kel Tec Website didn't have them a few days ago. Brownells, Cheaper Than Dirt and Midway are still out.

I would order some now, but I'm out on the porch smoking a cigar and I have my priorities.

I will admit that this is a nice little pistol. It's a little rough on the hands, but the DAO trigger is surprisingly smooth (maybe because I bought it used) and it shoots pretty much where I point it. I won't be shooting Olympic events with this pistol, but within self-defense range (7 yards) I'm in the gray of the Q and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

Thank you for your help, guys.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's funny!

Hey Clyde, what do you smoke? I've been enjoying cigars for @ 20 years. I'm smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, RFB.

I've never had a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. Is it good?

I've been smoking cigars for about 15 years or so. I started when I became an NCO in the Army and it became part of my shtick.

I used to smoke a wide variety of cigars. Now I tend to stick to the darker stuff:

CAO Brazilia
Partagas Black Label
and I throw in an El Ray Del Mundo and La Gloria Cubana Series N once in a while.

Once in a while I like an Acid Cold Infusion Tea, but I'm a little embarrassed by that.

A good cigar, a box of .22 ammunition and my two sons makes for a great day at the range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts