Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed my CCH class today with Flying colors. Missed one question on the written test and had 23 hits out of a possible 25. Not to bad for a 70 year old man that hasn't fired a hand gun in 31 years. I did this with an out of the box Glock 26. This gun is way to big to carry comfortably concealed. So I have been doing allot of reading about your Kel-Tec P 32 and P 3AT. Now the GOOD NEWS. Both my class instructor and range instructor carry the Kel-Tec P 32 and have been for number of years. Soooooo you can rest assured that come Momday morning I will be going to the range and buy me a BRAND NEW Kel-Tec P 3AT Thanks Ole_Sarg :)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Welcome Ole Sarge! I hope you like it. Report back and tell us what you think. It is a different animal but is very easy to always carry.

P.S. Don't short sell the P32. It will get the job done too and may be easier to shoot as the P3AT can be a handful. :-/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will fire both the P 32 and the P 3AT when I go back to the range. We didn't have the P 3AT in class today but the P 32 really did feel good in my hand. It is very light and confortable. So I may wind up with the P 32. You're
right. Even though the Glock 26 is a sub-compact it is a HANDFULL

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Congrats on passing your CCW course! Welcome to KTOG, Ol_Sarg!

The super small, light and powerful P3AT is NOT a Glock. Without the slide mass it will require more from YOU in terms of a locked wrist.

If you shoot the P3AT without proper form you will get user induced jams that are called "limp wristing."

It is nearly impossible to limp wrist this gun from a very firm, push-pull grip:  

1. Place strong hand on grip with finger alongside trigger guard.  
2. Cup weak hand as if you were going to drink water from it.  
3. Rotate weak hand 45 degrees toward your body.  
4. Place palm against front of strong hand fingers, with thumbs nearly parallel.  
5. Line up on target and push forward with strong hand while pulling back with weak hand.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.  

Single hand grip:  

1. Line up on target.  
2. strain hand forward as if you were trying to get the gun closer to the target.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.  

If you are using one of these grips, and you get malfunctions, it is NOT limp wristing, but the gun that is causing them.  

Packer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.