Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That little shopping trip I did last Saturday cost me some more money today,

I went back to the Pawn Shop and haggled/negotiated for That CZ 453 rifle that I wanted real bad,

I only found one , on the interwebs for sale, it was $599.

He had a good price on it,
He wanted $360 + tx,
I wanted $300 + tax, so we met at $320+ tax.

He knew how rare it was also, and how purty it was, hanging in his shop, he told me so, and he was not coming down anymore.

This is not the Flagship 452 model, this is the best of the best. 453 Varmint.

So now I got to decide what scope I want to order for it, and hope that it shoots up to its reputation. That's a cheap china scope for now.

It has a set trigger, which is set at .5 lb,
without setting , its 2.5 lb for hunting.
Barrel is 21", tapered Bull .
action is 125 year old Mauser design,
Has a 5 round mag, but 10 and higher are available.
No sights. Leupold rings.

Bore and rifling are like its never been shot, and the bolt has zero wear marks.

Here is what she looks like.

Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Shotgun

Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Shotgun

Gun Shotgun

Product Magenta

Gun Trigger Air gun Match rifle shooting Gun barrel

Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I have been wanting a CZ for years. I've handled a few, boy are they sweet, but I never shot one. Just couldn't quite get myself to cough up the money required to buy one of these fine rifles. Man, you got a great deal on that one! And it's a beauty too!

I think I need to get a Visa and live in KY for about six months - just so I can follow you around to all the stores where you get these deals! Don't know is that is Visa as in "temporary living permit" or Visa as in "Credit Card". Probably both!

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crapola,
A buddy of mine called last night,
He knows I been waning a Marlin 444, for a long time, and nice ones are hard to find.

He said he just left my local Pawn Shop, they just put a a real beauty, but at $769, it better have 24 carat gold line barrel.

I just wiped out most of my toy money.:mad:

They open in 3 minutes.:teehee:

Jim

·
Registered
404 Posts
"Just couldn't leave it.........."

Those words have gotten us all in trouble at some point I think lol. Good score on a really nice looking tackdriver.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have been wanting a CZ for years. I've handled a few, boy are they sweet, but I never shot one.
Dave, just to rub your nose in it again, the walnut-stocked rifle on the left table from Phideaux 2014 is a CZ 452, and there was lots of ammo to try it out.

But to be honest I don't think I've fired it either! :eek:

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Crapola,
A buddy of mine called last night,
He knows I been wanting a Marlin 444, for a long time, and nice ones are hard to find.

He said he just left my local Pawn Shop, they just put a a real beauty, but at $769, it better have 24 carat gold line barrel.
DANGER!
STAY AWAY!
I shot a Marlin 444 a lot. I liked it. It liked me, and we were good together. We punched big bullets into sweet, tight little groups (sexual?)
It was always around for me to 'have-my-way-with' so we didn't get married.
We drifted apart and soon never saw each other again:(.
I've been heartbroken ever since...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
While I appreciate the modern black rifles and their technical advancements there is something timeless and classic about a bolt action wood and blue rifle. Or a nice hand gun.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DANGER!
STAY AWAY!
I shot a Marlin 444 a lot. I liked it. It liked me, and we were good together. We punched big bullets into sweet, tight little groups (sexual?)
It was always around for me to 'have-my-way-with' so we didn't get married.
We drifted apart and soon never saw each other again:(.
I've been heartbroken ever since...
Went and looked at her,
she wasn't so pretty, happens on blind dates ya know.
And she was way too rich for my blood,

We didn't even kiss... I pretended I didn't know her.

Sorry for your broken heart.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.