Just called KT, this is week 6, they want 2 more

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by learfxr, Mar 4, 2008.

1. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I sent my P3AT back to KT for service because it acted up every time I took it to the range. I tried several things to get it working better and then called KT about it. They told me to send it to them. They told me it would take 5 weeks to get it back. This is the 6th week and I decided to call and check on things. Now I'm told it could be another 2 weeks. I'm tired of waiting for something I've spent my money on and have nothing to show for it. Went and bought a S&W 637 revolver for my daily carry. So much for KT

Get what you pay for

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Re: Just called KT, this is week 6, they want 2 mo

Wow, they have slowed down tremendously. I know they lost a very good employee in the service department recently. This may be part of the reason, but whatever the reason it certainly doesn't make the results to you any easier to take.

Sorry you got caught in the slow-down - hopefully they will get back on track soon.

This is not good for Kel-Tec since one of their biggest selling points is customer service. Especially with Ruger, Kahr, Diamondback, and Taurus coming out with competition for the P3-AT which is Kel-Tec's biggest seller.

Bobo

3. Tree

Tree New Member

Feb 27, 2008

Great, mine is going back to them tomorrow. Sounds like its going to be there a while :(

4. Re: Just called KT, this is week 6, they want 2 mo

Lear... sorry to hear you problems... but I would not be surprised if your gun shows up in the next few days.

Tree... why are you sending your gun in? I just read you other post Tree.. I am sure things will work out.

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Don't mean to hi-jack here, so if there's a link(s), I'll take it/them, but what are the offerings from "Diamondback" (who?) and Kahr (not that I care)?

TIA

6. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007

I think Kahr is supposed to be coming out with a .380 some time. I personally want a Kahr PM9

7. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
  8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Thanks!

9. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

10-4 and thanks. I just came from the "Other" forum and I am fully caught-up now ;)

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

BTW, learfxr, real sorry to hear about your misfortune with your P3AT :(

11. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007

I just wish I could have the thing back. I was told 5 weeks, so I waited patiently watching the driveway every day. Now it will take longer, that sucks. I love my guns and I'm ready to see how this one works when I get it back. If it fails then I'll be running out for a Ruger. I know, you guys don't want to hear that, but it will fit the holsters that I already paid for and have been gathering dust. Basically, the KT already got replaced by my new S&W 637, but I have been telling the fiance that I may get the Ruger if the KT doesn't work for me. She rolls her eyes every time I show up with another gun. The next one is for her, she wants a S&W M&P 9mm full size. I told her I'd buy her what ever gun she liked and have it painted pink if that's what it took. Now she likes pink camo, so who knows, there may be a pink camo M&P in the house next month.

12. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

Don't mean to hi-jack here, so if there's a link(s), I'll take it/them, but what are the offerings from "Diamondback" (who?) and Kahr (not that I care)?

TIA[/quote]
    Kahr: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1202877209/0
    Diamondback: http://www.diamondbackarms.com/DW/enterpage1.html
    Taurus: http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-bitty-pretty-onein-9mm.html

13. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007

everyones talking about having to return their p3's, i ordered mine 3 months ago and it still isnt in!  >:(

14. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Aren't you in Jacksonville? If so, who did you order it through so that I can avoid business with them? ;)

15. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008

Oh no! I had to send one of mine in for warranty work about 2 weeks ago.
    I called Monday and they said 4-6 weeks. I know, telling me what I wanted to hear.
    Not really. I was expecting 3 weeks.
    I hope this is a one time thing. :-/

16. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007

They must be getting a lot of them shipped back. They seem pretty busy. I just wish they would throw a new top end on it and send it back.

17. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007

i purchased from st nickolas in jax.... i call in once every couple weeks and as our last convo went he said hes trying every means he can to get some 380s in, he has none period. guess ill wait another month or so and if nothing happens ill see if they will roll the money over to something else. maybe a su 16. im seeing alot of people returing the p3s which is starting to make me questions if i really do want one now. ive had my p11 for years and have had no real problems with it ,still it would be nice to have a similar gun in a smaller package i.e. 380. keeping my fingers crossed, maybe itll come in soon.

18. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006

It's called supply and demand. The larger distributors and dealers are supplied first and the smaller dealers last. The demand has been so high they are having a hard time scheduling and manufacturing enough parts for production and spare parts for repair. It's not a quality issue or higher returns affecting repair times, it's more of a lack of parts while they are catching up. Believe it or not the returns are a very low percentage for the amount they produce.

19. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007

yeah, i understand the supply and demand thing... i know they are behind. im just impatient and i know its not really anyones fault. im sure one day ill get mine in....