Just bought but have questions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by atlp3at, Jan 6, 2008.

1. atlp3at

atlp3at New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Hi

I am thankful for this website. I have a few questions. I noticed that there a what appears to be a defect -a tiny 'bubble/bump' on the right side of the Slide.

Also on the barrel, I can see what looks like soldering in the recess areas above the recoil spring.

Should I be concerned ?

2. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Is this bubble/bump on the actual slide, or on the polymer grip? Is the "soldering" inside the slide? Can you post a pic or two?

-Matt

3. atlp3at

atlp3at New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Thanks for trying to help- Yes on the Slide.

My camera isn't good enough to capture the images otherwise I would have posted pics.

On the barrel, I can see what looks like soldering in the recess areas above the recoil spring.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Is that bubble on the inside or outside of the slide? In the front, back or side

Is that solder proud or flush. Or is it just see a change in color in the metal

5. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    If the bubble bump is on the inside of the slide it is normal. what your seeing is the opposite side of the hole where the back of the extractor is machined into the slide. It is very thin in this area, it's not uncommon for there to even be a very small hole in this area.

Don't know what to make of the solder though.

6. atlp3at

atlp3at New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Bubble is on the outside of the slide- it ain't no biggie now as it and the solder don't seem to effect the performance.

I have put 160 rounds (42 and then 118) and only 1 FTE after the 13th round so far.

Very happy with it -accurate.  

SN:  JL[ch61699]##