Just banged my first 100 rounds thru the new p3at.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Drivebytrucker, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I finally got to range today ;D. I shot 50 WWB blunt nose and 50 UMC FMJ's. I didnt have a single failure. Not one. I cant believe how accurate this little dude is. I also made sure the CT laser was sighted. I like the laser, but I could not hold the gun chest level and hit anything using the laser past 10-15 feet.The gun just jumped too much. Only when I took a real shooting stance is the only time the laser was helpful and spot on at 30+ft. I guess at night is where the laser will really become useful. I am going to install a grip extension, since the laser button makes what little grip there is kind of awkward to me. Anyway, I am happy with the gun so far. I will run another 50-100 FMJ thru it, then decide on a HP to test.

2. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Re: Just banged my first 100 rounds thru the new p

Remember 10 to 15 ft. shooting from chest level, probably 1 handed, is a very possible situation, and needs plenty of consideration. If we all had time to take a stance, and perfect two handed grip situation, would be ideal, but must be ready for whatever comes your way. What better way to spend some time than practicing with the little life saver in bunches of different situations. Remember also an attacker may have already grabbed an arm or clothing, or even a head lock. Be ready, especially, able to get to your piece easily and quickly.... Jim <><