Just an opinion....

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Ender, May 26, 2006.

1. Ender

Ender Active Member

Jul 3, 2005
    TxCajun I like you and I think you are an A+ moderator. Not to challenge you or anything but I'm sorry to see the gut shot pig thread locked. Just one man's opinion.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I had to think about it for a while. Generally, I lock very few threads here compared to some places. When a disagreement degenerates into an argument and people start insulting one another, then it has probably long since served it's useful purpose. Again, I will add the pic is probably out of the norm for KTOG. Also, as I pointed out, there are hunting forums where such pics can be posted and are expected to be seen. It is indeed a judgement call and I appreciate you expressing your opinion. My question is this: What useful purpose would unlocking that thread accomplish? ???

3. Plex

Plex Guest

Feb 23, 2005
    I respect your decision Tex. I don't think it had deteriorated to the point of anarchy yet, but might have been headed that way.

Actually, this board is a good place to discuss and debate hunting ethics.

Peace, love, and good shooting

--Plex

4. Ender

Ender Active Member

Jul 3, 2005
    I would'nt ask you to unlock the thread Tex and I respect your judgement in the matter. :)

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well... chime in. It's your board guys. You want it open? I'll give it another shot. You think it should stay closed? Sound off. :-/

6. rjhauser

rjhauser Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I think from a performance perspective and showing what damage it can do, it is a good shot, from a humanity standpoint, not the cleanest kill I have seen, but not too many are.

the thread was starting to deteriorate, but started off well.

I think it could be salvaged, if taken in perspective, but probably ran its course.

maybe a section in the counter for hunting and the like, where those pictures can be posted? that way, it can be easily kept out of the view of those that may not like it? just a thought.

fwiw.

7. SLay

SLay Guest

Although I was the one who felt it was inappropriate, I recognize that I am just a newbie and there are alot of you guys who have enjoyed and participated in this forum a long time. I apologize to you all for trying to interject my values and beliefs. I was out of line. I do not believe in censorship and on hindsight a better course of action for me would have been to "change the channel" knowing that there was nothing I could say that would make the gentleman who posted the picture take pause and consider what his "fun" really amounted to. Therefore, I will shut up about the subject and if you all want to unlock the post it's your call. As for me, I've seen enough.

SLay

8. rjhauser

rjhauser Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Hey Slay,

I think I speak for everyone, we can all agree to disagree, and there is room for everyone here.

We will not all agree on everything, especially pictures...

there is no right or wrong, and maybe a dedicated sticky would be appropriate for things of that nature. That would be Tx's call, but I do not think personally you were wrong for interjecting your beliefs here. I can not speak for any one else, but personally took no offense. Spirited discussion is what this board is about, at times. Different beliefs and many different values.

just my thoughts

9. Plex

Plex Guest

Feb 23, 2005
    Enough time has passed now it doesn't matter if it's run it's course or not. To open it back up now would not be appropriate. Let's get back to discussing what we all are here to discuss: Keltecs!

--Plex