Just an F.Y.I.---P3-AT magazine extensions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by vonfatman, Feb 1, 2008.

1. vonfatman

vonfatman New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    These were in stock at Kel-Tec a few moments ago (10:45am Eastern)
    I ordered 4, I trust they will have some on hand for you who have been looking for
    them.

Have a good weekend.

Bob

2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks Bob! I just ordered two +1 extensions. Thought I'd give them a try.

Appreciate ya'!

3. vonfatman

vonfatman New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Glad to help out. These babies have been hard for me to find too!

Bob

4. THE_HUNTER

THE_HUNTER New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I had bought some and they sucked.They kept popping off so I returned them.This was like 2 years ago though.....

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    They don't slide on like all of the other base-plates?

6. vonfatman

vonfatman New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    THE_HUNTER,
    Thanks for the head's up.
    I guess I'll find out if they work or not. I'm not real concerned as
    Kel-Tec is a customer focused company and I'm sure I could return them if
    they are not improved over what you experienced.

Bob

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Since he didn't say +1 extensions, I wonder if he wasn't referring to the Scherer extensions that KT has been stocking for only a few weeks.  Speaking of +1 extensions, all of mine work great.

8. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    I just got the finger extension from KT direct last week. It works fine, not popping off anywhere.
    HOWEVER, it does snag the pocket, and adds size and prints, so everyday I look at it and think the old flat one is going back on.
    Helps shooting it, but I won't be target shooting it, so what I need it for 99% of the time is concealibity and It doesn't help in that department.

9. dgreer

dgreer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Very good point! I really like the look of the Bersa base plate but it does impede conceal-ability and causes more of a print. It may be helpful at the range but in my pocket I like it to be smaller.

As a side note, I added a bicycle tube grip with some rubber tubing on the backstrap then covered all of that with a Houge Handall Jr. grip. Feels great, looks great, and works great at the range...but the rubber grabs my clothing during practice draws from my pocket.

There is a trade off for everything. :-/

DG

10. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I just ordered a grip extension and an extra mag yesterday, so that will put them getting to me around the end of the week. The grip extensions work great on the p11 so I'm anxious to see how it's going to be with the p3at. I'm thinking it might make pocket carry a little rough but I only carry that way when I have to tuck in my shirt.

11. vonfatman

vonfatman New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Yes, they are the 1+ extensions. I'll have to see how it hinders/or not my CCW'n.

If it makes the gun print like sore thumb, I'll just have to move them on or use them at the range.

Two of the extensions are for a friend.

Bob

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    My carry magazines are all +1 extensions. I like them better than any finger extensions and because they are even slimmer than the grip they don't add to printing at all, at least not in the way that I carry. And you do get the added benefit of a place to put another finger.

Wifey, on the other hand, thinks they make her weapon "bigger" so she doesn't like them as much and just carries plain old jane magazines.

-Scott

13. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    IMO, of the 4 mag extensions that fit these mags, the +1 adds the least and prints the least... and there is that extra round. :cool:

14. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    I took mine off for good last night. Hard decision, the extension looks cool, adds comfort and control. But the extra 3/4 inch was making it similar to a bersa in size.
    Now it's back to being a little pocket gun which is why I bought it. Feel much better. Haha.

15. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Drove to Kel-Tec today and picked up 2ea of the +1 mag extentions ,still have them in stock...
    Those folks are so nice. For$75.00l can trade my new blued for HC slide,l think thats a good deal,parked
    is $40.

75 in the big race town.

16. vonfatman

vonfatman New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Got mine today and they fit fine...time to go to the range!

Bob

17. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    ttt.

I thought that I had read about getting different magazines from different vendors.. what works and what doesnt? I went to the Kel Tec website and was about to order but wanted to see if there were some other good options as well..

Dana

18. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I went ahead and just got the finger extension.. makes shooting it a lot nicer..

Dana

19. Pistol_Packin_Pete

Pistol_Packin_Pete New Member

Dec 27, 2008

20. MudCamper

MudCamper New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    I just purchased a +1 extension for my P-3AT from Kel-Tec. I am very unhappy with it. First, the little tinny plate would not seat in the base plate correctly. I had to file it a bit to get it to go. Additionally, the spring catches somewhere and does not fully compress, so I could barely get the 7th round into it, and then I could not load the mag into the firearm. If I fiddle with it and apply a LOT (too much IMO) of pressure on the top round, I can get the spring to SNAP free, and then the mag will go into the firearm. But then the little tin that is bent at 90 degrees catches on the bottom of the grip and it takes some fiddling to get the mag in. All I can say is I would NEVER trust my life with something so unreliable. I just wasted my money and am going back to 6 rounds. I know I'm the new guy here so I have no credibility, but I'm asking for help. Will Kel-Tec be cool and take it back?