Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...makes all the difference.

The side of my new Gen 2 is marked "G17/22 MAG".

After spending a few hours scouring the internet for the .22mag conversion kit, It dawned on me that the Glock 22 is the .40 sw version of the 10, and they use the same frame for both the .40 and 9mm versions.

I suppose it's cool that with a spacer here or there, a different bolt and springs, and a different "upper" the same gun becomes a Sub 2k 40.

But that's not as cool as having it be a .22 mag carbine !

Now where did I hear about the importance of punctuation....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So...looking at parts on the kt website, it looks like for $50 you can get a different grip set. So you don't have to cut your G17 yourself if you want G19. Or if you want the option to go with Sig226 mags, you just buy the multi-mag grip ? Has anyone done this, please and confirm what I'm seeing ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Or if you want the option to go with Sig226 mags, you just buy the multi-mag grip ? Has anyone done this, please and confirm what I'm seeing ?
Yes, to convert from a Glock version to one of the other supported platforms of the same caliber just requires a change of the grip halves and the correct mag catch.

<shameless plug> I have a multi grip for sale in the trading post.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, to convert from a Glock version to one of the other supported platforms of the same caliber just requires a change of the grip halves and the correct mag catch.

<shameless plug> I have a multi grip for sale in the trading post.
Thanks, I have the G-19 grip set on its way. I figure this is preferrable to cutting on it myself and doing a crappy job, plus this way if I decide I don't like it, I can still go back to the G-17.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to wrap up, the Kel-Tec factory G19 grip has arrived. It is NOT a G17 grip cut down but a molded from scratch part. One of these days I'll get around to putting her in the gun and seeing how that goes.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
The old way of doing it...on the Gen1 rifles...was to cut down a G17 grip to make the G19 grip. The new Gen2 is molded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.