Just a couple questions.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by grimm, Oct 28, 2007.

1. grimm

grimm New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Hey all. I currently own a P11 which is SOMETIMES a little large to carry. I was looking to get some of your opinions on the AT. Getting closer to winter the P11 wont be a problem to carry b/c of wearing my carrhart, but next spring is a different story. I tried to carry my 11 how it`s most comfortable and concealable for me. I was made in a resturant!! Apparently my shirt was alot shorter than I thought and when I stood up, our waitress came over and politely told me I was showing! Fortunatly she too carried. So to wrap things up...basically I am looking to purchase either the P3 or the AT. Now I`ll let it up to your opinions. Give me some good and/or bad news on either.

Adam

2. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    I assume you are talking about the P32 or P3AT. I have both, I bought the P32 for my wife, she can shoot ok, but won't carry it or anything else. Between the 2 I prefer the P3AT, a little more bang for the buck in the same size package, and you don't have to worry about rimlock if carrying JHP.

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I recently purchased my first P3-AT and have not had a good experience so far. My first trip to the range was frustrating because the majority of the cases failed to eject properly. I did a fluff and buff and took it back to the range again and had the same frustrations. Now my gun is back in Florida and hopefully is being fixed. I'm not knocking the product but it's somewhat disconcerting to spend $300 and get something that does not work. Others on this forum have said that my gun is in the minority and most work fine. I hope that is correct. I'm looking forward to seeing mine work properly for the first time.

Good luck with your decision.

4. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Like many, my 3at had to return to the factory. But, now it runs reliably. It is a lottery, you may get one that is good, you may have to send it in for rebuild. In any case, it is a unique pistol.

I had a 1st gen a few years ago and it had feeding and ejecting problems. I traded it in on a snub.

Then this summer I was at a reunion of guys I worked with 30 years ago on a police dept. On the subject of guns, they all carried a P3AT. So I decided to give one another try. I didn't win the lottery and had to return it for repair. But now, all is well.

Buy one, go the range quickly. Follow the instructions for fluffing. If it has a problem, something more than difficulty in feeding, call the factory.

5. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Like many, BOTH my wife's P3-AT and mine functioned 100 percent out of the box.

Both have had zero failures of any kind, and both are over 400 rounds now. I use mine a BUG mostly, and my wife carries hers just about 24/7. No modifying, no fullf and buff, nothing but a basic cleaning was ever done to either of them.

Most of them are fine. You don't judge the health of a community by it's hospital.

Never shot or held the P32. I don't need ANOTHER caliber to have to stock, especially when the .380 does it better.

6. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    My P3AT went back to Florida one time, flawless since :D
    .380 is the smallest I'd use for SD

7. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Go for the P3AT...you won't be sorry. Mine has been reliable thus far. If you have an issue, that's what the lifetime warranty is for. Can't beat that!