Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I thought that buying an Extar 556 would solve most of my needs in terms of compact firepower and it mostly does. I'd kind of written off the Sub2k with that acquisition until Classic puked up a true unicorn a couple of weeks-- The sub2k glk17 in Navy Blue. Annnnd I missed it. It had only been up for an hour and it was gone by the time I got the promo email. I was a bit grumpy, but whatever. I put it in my alerts and went back to fondling my Extar, not ever expecting it to come back in stock.

I wake up this morning and check my email. Holy crappola, there it was. Honestly, I didn't even bother to do a price comparison since the thing was so rare and I already knew what the base version two was going for. The card was out, an FFL was acquired and bam. One Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm Collapsible Rifle- Exclusive Navy & Black - GLK 17 on order.

I guess I'll have to invest in 9mm and glock mags now :)

[edit] Text redacted. Out of stock.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you get it or miss this one too?
No, I definitely got it. In fact, I take delivery the 28th. Not quite Christmas, but it'll do :)
Heck, I should have bought two :p

Got 2 mags and a comp. Already had the reddot from the last AR as well as a sling and Battlelink torch light. I hope the 45' offset is enough to get the reddot out of the way of the fold, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
No, I definitely got it. In fact, I take delivery the 28th. Not quite Christmas, but it'll do :)
Heck, I should have bought two :p

Excellent. Well done!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Classic Firearms has become one of my favorite company's these days. They've got a yugo tokarev right now that has a trigger lever saftey that looks like it satisfies the import rule without butchering the slide or frame with a lever safety like the one I have. for $219 one of these pistols is too must fun... I can't find enough 7.62x25.
For a minute those blue sub2ks were all that could be found on gunbroker when I bought mine. I held out for black, because... you know...Black guns matter, right?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Classic Firearms has become one of my favorite company's these days. They've got a yugo tokarev right now that has a trigger lever saftey that looks like it satisfies the import rule without butchering the slide or frame with a lever safety like the one I have. for $219 one of these pistols is too must fun... I can't find enough 7.62x25.
For a minute those blue sub2ks were all that could be found on gunbroker when I bought mine. I held out for black, because... you know...Black guns matter, right?
I'm sure the price on those gunborker subs were a bit salty, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks amazing! I totally get the need (want) for firepower in small packages. I love my PS90, recently picked up the CX4 and now the Sub2K. There's something about being able to have something like that tucked away for when you need it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it out to shooters world for a function check along with two 32 round fun sticks and the 17 round magpul that was included in the package. Kind of fun how all that fits in your backpack :) The first check was at 10-15 yards on a simple printer target just to see where the sights were.

A bit low and to the left, but not too damn bad for irons. After giving the adjustment several cranks clockwise, we tried again with notably better results. The brake did a serviceable job keeping muzzle rise in check, but the gun still wants to give your shoulder a noticeable love-tap. At 5ish pounds, the trigger was not a hindrance and I appreciated its linear travel to the hammer even if it doesn't break like a 1911. Next we pushed it out to 25 yards.

That's still minute of headshot on the irons. The Sub2k performed flawlessly with two sticks of brass and ball, so I decided to throw something a bit hotter down the pipe-- Grizzly 115gr +p HP rated to 1350fps... Out of a pistol. Lazy math tells me that a 16in barrel is going to add about 300fps to that, so call it out the door at 1650ish. Accuracy improved dramatically and once again the subgun swallowed them all without complaint. It's amazing how fast 80 rounds simply evaporated, but damn if it wasn't fun doing so.

Based on some of the threads here, i've got parts on order for an m-lok side rail and QD offset mound that should solve the red dot problem. Fifty yards or better shouldn't be a thing with that in play. Will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts