Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Its so darn ugly , its cute.:D

I would love to have seen Paladin (Have Gun will Travel) carrying one of these around, what a show.:cool:

Ill take one please.

Jim

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Jeeze! I thought it was a joke...until I clicked the link.

The Duke is rolling in his grave. :eek:

They have a .22 version also.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Jee
They have a .22 version also.

Like I said when this was first announced/released, ugly or not (and it is ugly), if it was cheap enough I'd consider trying it as a rimfire suppressor host. YMMV.

But don't go by me, I own this...

:p

(... along with several much more traditional lever guns, of course. ;))

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I don't know what a good price would be? I find it online for $360-$420.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I don't know what a good price would be? I find it online for $360-$420.
Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for it, personally, just for another threaded host.

Maybe I'll stumble across a used one cheap, way down the road.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Will there be a big loop lever, rapid fire version for Chuck Conners? Might even see some new episodes of the "Rifleman."

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Will there be a big loop lever, rapid fire version for Chuck Conners? Might even see some new episodes of the "Rifleman."
I loved that show as a kid...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely "Firefly" style there. I can picture Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb) doin' the lever-flip while retreating from reavers on the Mule. There will be some folks who can appreciate this rifle, but I wouldn't be one.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
lever guns just run a bit higher than most, for no apparent reason. So I doubt it goes down much in price.

Mine has a big military style (but cheap) scope on it, looks really dumb with the wood furniture. I really want an extended mag for it (it has a removable box mag but only holds like 5). I was going to get a replacement mag and let the wizard in our shop take a crack at it but have not gotten around to it. Would be so sweet to have a 20 round mag of 308 hanging off the bottom of a lever gun.

I like the AR stock on this one, but the quad rail needs to go away, and the grip could be better.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ugly gun. Pointless configuration. Tactical lever action? Really? LOL

Talk about creating a niche with no audience..... :D

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I need to dig up a picture or 2 of my black powder rifle. It has a red dot site mounted on it. :cool:

Works great, shot a bunch of deer with it...but my hunting buddies razzed me all the time about it.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I just got my "cowboy kalasnikov" ... its a .357 though. I thought I was mixing it up with the micro green dot.
My "tactical" '94 on the previous page is a .44 Mag. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Alrighty then. They found a niche with an audience. I stand corrected. :confused:

There are so many better configurations for the job. But, I guess there is always someone out there to disagree. ;)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
You know, I always considered the lever gun (with a loading gate) to be a tactical weapon. You can always top off the mag as you shoot. Shoot two or three, load two or three. And you can load from a box or a pocket even. That and they are usually, when done right, blue steel and wood, the way a gun is supposed to be. None of this black plastic with crap hanging off all over the place. That's not so say that the black guns are ugly, oh, wait, yes it is. That's not to say the black guns are not useful, and have thier place in combat/law enforcement applications, but for 'us civies', lever guns are sweet.

Lop

1 - 20 of 27 Posts