JFB Washers

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mopac, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mopac

mopac New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    I know I am being a little paranoid with a brand new slide but I want to put in one of JFB famous washers.
    I have search the trading post and counter with no luck for a current sellar.

Anyhow I love this forum, done a complete Fluff and Buff and am heading to the range this week-sure would like to do it knowing I had contacted someone with the washers.

I see there have been many changes since my 1st gen-always good to see positive changes.

2. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
  3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Thanks Dan!

-Scott

4. mopac

mopac New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Received the PM and e-mail last night-Thanks Dan for the quick response.
    The dinero is on it's way.

5. butch199

butch199 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I am a new owner of a P-3at and would also like to purchase washers, who can I contact? I am also interested in the metal mag release.
    Thanks

6. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Pm will be sent tonight for the washers.

Dan

7. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

May 18, 2008
    what do these washers do?

can someone explain there function?

8. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I also would like to purchase the washers.

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
  10. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    "harleyboy" cannot post or probably even enter the Trading Post until he has 25 posts to his name so if he wants to ask a question about purchasing JFB washers he has to do it in the open forum. He should probably P.M. the seller or email him if he has his addy.

11. triggertime49

triggertime49 New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    I joined sometime back when I first got my KT. Please tell me or PM me with what the washers do?

12. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The washer is made of nylon 66.  It is a light press fit into the slide's guide rod hole and a tight slide fit around the guide rod.  By installing one, the space available for the recoil springs at full recoil is reduced, thus they will more than likely cause the springs to go solid and kink if not fitted proper.

why the washers?  years ago, the cnc machines producing the slides were set to drill the slide's hole for the recoil springs too deep.  the metal around the recoil rod would get hammered (peened) out to the point the clearance around the rod would open and allow the inner spring to pop through.

KT will replace any slide where this has happened, however, some preferred to fix (or prevent) this with the insertion of one of these washers.

I have them in my slides (which did not have the deep hole) for P3AT and P32, but I hand fitted them and the springs to prevent the springs from kinking.

I also have one in a P3AT slide where the hole for the guide rod was drilled completly through and it has held up for the little testing I have performed.  I trust the "fix" enough that this slide is my normal carry (since it was HC)

I would recomend a search of the P3AT section with the words "washer, jfb, peen" but you must go back longer than one year.  You might want to also limit search to post by jfb since this will contain the technical details of why the washer  

[​IMG]

13. triggertime49

triggertime49 New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Thanks - I am going to order some!

14. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Good tip. I just looked at mine and it is starting to peen. I guess I need 1 also. 1st issue I have had. Great little pocket pistol. I carry it any time I am dressed and would hate to have to send it in for repair. I would probably have to buy a 2nd the day I sent the 1st in.