JFB washer's are available again

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by princemorr2003, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I still have 9 extras from the first time I purchased them a long time ago. ;)

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    uh...does that mine the first one installed is still working :)

3. RV

RV New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    How do I puchase?

4. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  5. RV

RV New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Thanks for the quick response.
    And this is one more!  ;)

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [/quote]

I'm not allowed to say how many extras I might have :)

-Scott

7. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Is there really any need for the buffers if your slide is one of the newer one's? Just a question no pun intended.

8. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Need is a relative thing. Does anyone ever really NEED another gun?

It is cheap insurance and some feel that the weapon shoots better with it. I have had them in some and not in others but generally don't mind throwing one in just on GPs.

-Scott

9. Now that I am out of the distribution loop-  I feel a bit more comfy in saying what I really think!

At 50 cents each... and evidence that they last
    why would some one not want them?

When the PEENING issue was big and scary-- these things sold like hotcakes.

I have never seen nor heard of any negative side effects of the washer/buffer application in the 3AT.  Buffers are sold for all sorts of guns, including 1911's.   And the other buffers certainly sell for a lot more than 50 cents each.

The 3AT solution discovered by JFB is, IMHO the best investment a new 3AT owner can make.

If you buy them and decided they are a bad idea- throw them away and lose 5 bucks.  

If you buy them and they protect the slide from damage, you have gained tremendously!

10. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Help me out here. I thought the only reason for the washers was to help prevent peening. My understanding of recoil buffers is that they help reduce recoil (I'm thinking of the Blue Force buffers for the Sub2K's). I don't think the JFB washers would help reduce recoil, and they are so thin when properly fitted to the gun that I can't see how they would affect accuracy or other performance factors.

Not trying to stir the pot here. Just looking for an education. I have a washer in my P3AT, and it has lasted several hundred rounds. But aside from helping prevent peening, what other purpose might they serve in recently manufactured guns for which peening seems not to be an issue?

11. A fast sampling of Buffer Descriptions found on the net:
    ============================================
    Champion HardTrue 1911 Gun Parts
    Recoil Spring Guide Rod Buffers
    With Tin Carrying Case

Free Shipping

Champion HardTrue buffers are developed from polyurethane and engineered to absorb the battering inertia of the frame during recoil by sandwiching the buffer between the slide and frame contact areas. Provides the optimum balance between shock absorption and longevity. Easily replaceable after absorbing up to 1,000 rounds of repeated firings, the buffer slides over the recoil spring guide between the guide and spring. Fits Government and Commander models. Package of six buffers comes in handy and useful tin carrying case.
    $7.79 for 6

=========================
    Power Custom Power Recoil Buffer Ruger 10/22

An easy and inexpensive way to eliminate damage of critical components by preventing metal to metal contact. This recoil buffer drops in with no modifications. For the Ruger 10/22 and 10/22 Magnum.

$8.19 plus shipping for ONE.

====================================

RECOIL BUFFERS

All recoil buffers are 15.00

==============

Buffer Technologies Glock Recoil Buffers Buffer Technologies Replacement Buffer for Sig1/Ber1
    Our Price: $9.95

=======

My point?

Lots and lots of buffers for lots and lots of guns out there. Ask your self why so many and why do they cost so much?

SO many because they work and people want them, or they are just a gimmick we all fall for. You decide for yourslef.

Why do they cost so much? After all- most are just some kind of plastic washer looking thing. Look at the glock buffer at the link above. It fits in the guide rod whole of a Glock. Just like the 3AT Buffer- it stops metal from slamming into metal. The Glock Buffer sells for $9.95. The 3AT for $0.50.

Not unlike the little cushion you might put on a wall to keep the door knob form making a dent, the 3AT buffer keeps the springs and guide rod head form slamming into the slide.

12. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    [/quote]

Sure is! I check it every time I clean it and its still going strong. :cool:

13. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i do not think it is blue force that makes the buffer for the sub, i think it is tacticool products....

14. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I do preventive maintenance on every thing I own almost, so looks like I'll pick up some of these guys just for good measures.

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    besure your installation allows enough room for the recoil springs to go solid.

If you are using Wolff's P32 springs, the addition of the washer(s) will allow adjusting for the full spring force in the P3AT

16. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    New guy here.

I have to wait until I have 25 posts before I can buy the washers or buffer?

I think I might be seeing the early signs of "Peening" and would like to prevent any further damage. I purchased this gun used last week. It appeared to have been fired very little, but after reading all the stuff I looked closer at the slide recoil guide rod hole. Appears to be very slight bulging above the guide rod hole edge. Again, is very slight, but I figured the washer would stop any further damage, if in fact it is happening.

But I have to wait until I post 25 times?

Help me out here guys.

17. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  18. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008

Yea, from what I have read mine could be fine, but don't want to take that chance. Rather go ahead and take care of it and not worry about it. If I understand correctly, I think my gun was made right around the period of time the defective slides were made, (S # JOZxx), so better be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the Link, I really appreciate it.  I sent a PM and am waiting a reply

19. zectron-

Reply to this note and you will be one post closer...........but you probably do not need to worry about the peening issue.

But post on up and get you some buffers anyway. An ounce of prevention.