JAMS

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TIMMER, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TIMMER

TIMMER New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I HAVE THE 380 AND HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING JAMS.
    THAT COULD MEAN A LIFE, - MINE.
    I AM USING WOLF AMMO AND ALTHOUGH THE SLIDE GETS RACKED BACK THE SHELL EJECTOR SLIPS OFF THE RIM OF THE SHELL.
    ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THAT PROBLEM??
    TIMMER

2. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    A) Did you break the gun in as stated in the manual?
    B) Does not Wolf brand ammo have steel casings? Not recomended in the manual

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

If your life is in immediate danger, you should NOT even conceder an unproven device.

As for the P3AT, the manual also states that 200 rounds should be fired for breakin, before the pistol should be concedered reliable.  those 200 rounds might be reduced by performing some minor polishing.

If you wish to continue with attempting to make your P3AT relieable, you might want to heed some of the recomendations found here related to
    cleaning,
    preprepping,
    lubing and
    handling.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1204773333

I would start with the Referances in Post#4 titled GoldenLoki

Your comments are near identicle to the majority of the first time posters here.

4. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Welcome to our group "timmer"!
    Just for your information, typing in all caps is considered "shouting" on the Internet and is generally frowned upon unless you would really be shouting if you were speaking to the group personally.
    For instance: ''MY PANTS ARE ON FIRE" would be a good reason to use all caps.
    One individual said that at work he could only use caps, so his situation was naturally different.

Have you actually shot the pistol or just hand racked the slide?
    I would not recommend using Wolf brand ammo, or aluminum case CCI Blazer ammo either.

5. Welocme to KTOG Timmer-

FIRST- Search for and complete the fluff and buff found on this site.

Then clean and lube that 3AT as sugested.

ALSO-

NO WOLF.

USe decent ammo that has a BRASS case.

Do all the above and see if things do not improve. I know how frustrating it can be, I had the same with my first 3AT.

I hung in and followed the advice on KTOG and now I can tell you I have (3) 3AT's and all three run flawless.

6. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    If all else fails read the Owners Manual.

Especially the part about not using steel-case (Wolf) ammo.

THAT RIGHT THERE MIGHT BE YOUR PROBLEM!

rcmodel

7. TIMMER

TIMMER New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    thanyou all for your responces.
    sorry about the caps. i figure it was easier to read, and i am hard of hearing, must be from all the shooting.
    i have not run 200 rounds through it.
    i should do some polishing in it.
    wolf ammo is steal cased. come to think of it, the first ammo i put through it was federal ammo, brass cased, and i didn't have any jams.
    could it be that simple?? now what am i going to do with 450 rounds of wolf ammo? i'll figure it out.
    i am not sure what to think of the responce of using an unapproved device for self protection.
    thanks again, have a great week end.
    timmer

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I would check the tip of the extractor to be sure it has not been damaged.

[​IMG]

Also check the button head screw for backing off. It is a 2mm (5/64") allen.

as for my comment...I wouldn't trust anything with out testing if my life depended on it

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Timer,

Welcome aboard!

Do hope it is just the Wolf ammo that is the cause of the problem with your P3AT. Even if it is more than that work through the issues and you'll wind up with one really nice carry gun. I've two P3ATs myself and had to work through numerious issues to get my first running reliably. Well worth the effort though.

Take care...

10. Two different words....

JFB ... I think.... was trying to impress upon you the idea that any particular INDIVIDUAL gun, until broken in and consitently and without fail, fires x number of rounds with out ANY failures... should not be trusted for self defense.

I agree with that logic.  ESPECIALLY auto loaders... and especially a make and model that does have some history of failures.

That is why I noted in my post above :

That means I have broken them in with WELL OVER 200 rounds each and that each will NOW function 100% when properly cleaned and lubed.

11. TIMMER

TIMMER New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    can any one direct me to the fluff and buff thing??
    timmer

12. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    check out the FAQ&VIP stickies at the top of the P3AT section.

[highlight]CLICK HERE[/highlight]
    I think post #4 has a link to GoldenLoki....this seems to be the authortive posting for prepping and lubing.

13. JFB gave you the link in his post.

Here it is again:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1204773333

Dig around a bit on that page and you will find TONS of VIP STUFF including the fluff and buff.

14. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    NO WOLF! Russian ammo in an American Pistol?

Seriously, there is a coating on the case that is problematic in some firearms. My Sig 556 rifle didn't like it at all.

Problematic round, and with ammo prices what they are, I tried it too. "Seemed like a deal". NOT!

For a couple more bucks take the advice of the other forum members and get back to brass.

15. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  16. TIMMER

TIMMER New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    THANKYOU FOR ALL THE ADVISE.
    EXCUSE THE CAPS, - IT'S EASIER FOR ME AND I DON'T HEAR SO GOOD.
    I GOT THE GOLDENLOKIE ON MY FAVORITES.
    ALOT OF GOOD ADVISE FROM THAT SIGHT AND ALL OF YOU.
    THANKYOU AGAIN,
    TIMMER

17. Very nice Timmer/////you asked for help......everyone tried ..........even posting links more than a few time....and we politely asked you not to SCREAM.........and you say thanks for the help.. but you will SCREAM any way because it is easier?

Mitch..Wishing the common joes on the thread could see the scott d red flags sooner.

18. TIMMER

TIMMER New Member

Jun 6, 2008
    you say scream??? i don't understand that because you can not hear me.
    since you take such offence to this i will try to remember that you need to read my words small.
    i wish not to offend anyone and if i had, please forgive me.
    i am sorry, timmer

19. No problems Timmer.....as noted before, it is considered rude to use ALL CAPS as it is YELLING at the group.

And since it was explained and you said you would SCREAM any way... and there was some other stuff going on with the board that you did not know about, I thought you were a guy that has been banned here before.

Apparently I was mistaken, and I SIR.. owe ... and now offer you... an apology. I hope you will accept it.

I also hope you refrain from screaming. ;)

20. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    TIMMER, I just had a thought. Maybe you have the text size in your browser set too small. If you are using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox I can help you increase the text size. If you are using another browser I'm sure someone else on this board can help.

Edited to change "test" to "text".