Jamming!!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by xdshooter1, Oct 29, 2007.

1. xdshooter1

xdshooter1 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    I am having problems with my P3-AT extracting the brass after firing the round. The gun is new with only 500 rounds thru it. Most times the brass will not eject and when it does it stove pipes. I have tried all kinds of ammo thinking it could be the problem but it does it with all brands. Is this a common problem with the p3-AT? Any help would be great.
    Thanks, XD!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    CLICK HERE for a post on the next page that discusses JAMMING

I'm too tired to post the same thing over

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Sorry to hear there's somebody else out there with this problem. I wound up sending my back to KT. Hopefully they'll fix the problem and it'll work properly when I get it back. Take a look at the thread JFB mentioned. There's lots of discussion there.

Good luck to you.

Reggie

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    1. Rule out limpwristing.
    2. Check the extractor screw. It MUST be snug.
    3. Polish the chamber with 600 grit.
    4. Replace the extractor and spring.
    5. Return for service.

5. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    1. Make sure you're not using steel cased ammo (so it doesn't jam in the chamber).
    2. Make sure the buttonhead screw is tight (so the extractor works correctly).
    3. Make sure the chamber is clean and smooth (so the casing extracts smoothly).
    4. Make sure the magazines are running smoothly (so they push the empty casing up).
    5. Make sure the ejector is not missing (so the casing is knocked out the ejection port).
    6. Make sure the gun is lubed enough (so it functions smoothly to allow all the above to happen when their supposed to).