Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a non-keltec to add to my collection- a surplus walther P1

I held off ordering anythng for my p32, since I've made a few designs for that, but needed a USEFUL holster for the P1.

Searching led me to John Jackson (kiddingmyself on ebay) and he makes a dead simple, clean, excellent belt slide holster for a P1, so I ordered up.

REALLY nice! IT could be, reasonably, 1/2 inch shorter a bit mor waterforming for a specific gun- that's getting into knowing the variations of the p38/p1 family. For a $50 holster (which is what a major manufacturer would charge me for a completely unformed chinese made HSO) it's a good deal- a great deal!

So, since I'm not hugely into pocket holsters in general- anyone using a Jackson pocket holster for a keltec mouser? I'm sold on the maker, not yet sold on the overall design ideas.

(it would make a nice carry for my kakadu vest zipper pocket with some velcro, though.....)

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Are we talking about front pocket or rear pocket carry?

For front pocket carrying a P32 or P3AT, a Remora's pretty tough to beat. Great for pocket carry AND for IWB carry (at ANY position on your waistline, reversible for right- or left-handed use if you get the basic model), and you can take it out and wedge it between your front seat and center console when you get in your car to keep it handy while you drive.

For rear pocket carry, either making your own with Hobby Lobby leather materials or going with a cheap/simple ready-made holster with an anti-print panel (DeSantis Superfly, Bulldog, Uncle Mike's, Blackhawk, etc.) would be my first choices. There's some fancy leather ones available, but leather often doesn't stick in your pocket well enough to avoid coming out with the gun during a hurried draw, and for what little effort is really involved in constructing one, they're usually not worth the price most places charge for one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had a "belly band" holster since October last year, and carried my P3AT as well as my PF9 all winter. Now that the weather is changing I am finding a lot of moisture on my weapon when i pull it out, even though it sits completely inside the holster, which is 2 layers of elastic, and a layer of that cheap wal-mart shelf liner that is supposed to keep your dishes dry ;(

I need to find an under-the-shirt alternative that is 100% concealed but still allows for breath ability and quick access. Right-hand draw.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
I've had a "belly band" holster since October last year, and carried my P3AT as well as my PF9 all winter. Now that the weather is changing I am finding a lot of moisture on my weapon when i pull it out, even though it sits completely inside the holster, which is 2 layers of elastic, and a layer of that cheap wal-mart shelf liner that is supposed to keep your dishes dry ;(

I need to find an under-the-shirt alternative that is 100% concealed but still allows for breath ability and quick access. Right-hand draw.

Any ideas??
Not to sound like a pitch man here, but seriously, a Remora with the sweat shield option would work pretty well for that, too. I just got one for IWB appendix-carrying my rust-prone P11, and it keeps every little bit of the slide perfectly protected (the grip is still exposed, but fortunately plastic doesn't rust :D ). WAY comfortable, and my slide stays nice n' dry. I was using the reinforced top Remora before this and while it's pretty good for what it is, the sweat shield version is wayyyyyy better, both in terms of comfort and for how it protects the slide from sweat ... which is VERY important when you live in a place like AZ. Supposed to be having our first triple-digit day of the year tomorrow, so between the SS Remora and my little NAA Earl in a DIY pocket holster, it looks like I got my summer carry setup lined out just in time. :)

Pretty sure even the SS Remora in a P3AT size would work for pocket carry, too - the Full Shield model, however, might not be so practical for that role (would certainly be a chore to get in/out of your pocket), although depending on how you prefer to orient your gun if you carry this way, it might work well as an integrated anti-print panel if you carry it in your rear pocket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, gonna go with a Galco Classic Lite, as it should hold my PF-9 in the same ratios position. Weather or not I like the loose feel or not we'll see. Nothing else will work for me right now. If I had a different line of work, I'd try something a bit more outgoing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd really look at getting one of the Jacksons for other carry- but I can't say abotu shoulder rigs much.

The remora looks great- but in this case for my p32 I'm looking at a different kind of pocket carry- NOT pants. So it's going to be different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts