Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received back a freshly chromed slide done by Jack F. I know that this has been said before but I just had to say it again - great job! Beautiful finish, slick feeling, and downright pretty. Kudos to Jack! Thanks. :)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Jack does very nice nickle plating.   :cool:  

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Funny, I ran through ispell (did it again just now too) and it didn't catch that.

Darn software kant spale either.   :)  

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The spell checker didn't flag "nickle" because it is now an acceptable word.

nickle

/ni'kl/ n. [from `nickel', common name for the U.S. 5-cent coin] A nybble + 1; 5 bits. Reported among developers for Mattel's GI 1600 (the Intellivision games processor), a chip with 16-bit-wide RAM but 10-bit-wide ROM. See also deckle, and nybble for names of other bit units.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Bobo said:
The spell checker didn't flag "nickle" because it is now an acceptable word.

nickle

/ni'kl/ n. [from `nickel', common name for the U.S. 5-cent coin]
Ha! Thanks for coming to my rescue Bobo.

And to the spelling police... :p

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
"Nickle" is only now found in dictionaries because so many people mis-spell "nickel" that it is considered common use. That does not make it correct. The correct spelling is indeed "nickel," no matter where you're from.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Syndil said:
"Nickle" is only now found in dictionaries because so many people mis-spell "nickel" that it is considered common use. That does not make it correct. The correct spelling is indeed "nickel," no matter where you're from.
Here, here. There will be no dumbing down of the KTOG forum as long as the grammar police are on the job ;) Nor will I sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. :eek:

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0055.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
Syndil said:
Just ask the British how to spell "aluminium"..... "aluminum"... :-/

aluminium. (n.d.). The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Retrieved July 24, 2007, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aluminium

G

·

I have new toys on the way, including a CCR slide job.

You can bet I will be posting pics.

Mitch.... surprised TxCajun does not have me on a restriction on # pics I can post per day.  ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.