IWB Holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by zombiekiller, Jul 6, 2009.

1. zombiekiller

zombiekiller New Member

May 27, 2009
    Hey guys while I can find tons of information on pocket holsters, I would like to get an IWB one too. What is your favorite IWB holster? I am looking for leather and with a black clip or black loops as I would like this to draw as little attention as possible. Smaller and more discrete the clips the better. And with these clips on say a high noon can they be put behind the belt or do they account for the thickness of a belt in the design.

Also for pocket holsters I would like to get one which holds a magazine too as my pocket space is very valuable, already I do not know where I am going to move my phone or keys to. So far I only know of KD, some cheap $10 one, and an uncle mikes someone on here modified, are there any others?

Thanks, can't wait to start carrying this little gun, my first CCW too!

2. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Check out the Galco model U.S.A. for one of the best IWB holsters available.  As for pocket carry, I couldn't say since I can't stand pocket carry.

Welcome to KTOG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    IMHO spare mag should not be in strong side pocket. I'd have it easily reachable using the weak hand.

Take care...

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    +1 ;)

6. Mr._E

Mr._E Guest

My favorite IWB is my cross-breed quick clip (for a bersa T CCW). They have a "micro clip" for the P3AT that I imagine would be even more comfortable and secure. The leather back is very comfortable.

The blade tech UCH looks good for an IWB also. Very similar to the cross breed but all kydex instead of kydex/leather hybrid which I imagine wouldn't be as comfortable but would probably hold up better to sweat.

7. zombiekiller

zombiekiller New Member

May 27, 2009
    Thanks for the advice on holsters and carrying a mag weakside. I also really like that galco, too bad the wait it so long. I think I'm going to order one but in the meantime use the KTholsters IWB holster. Does anyone have experience with this holster? Also the KTholsters pocket holster dosn't have any sticky stuff on it, think that is that big of a deal? I bet the weight of the mag would probably be enough to keep it planted on draw.

8. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
  9. zombiekiller

zombiekiller New Member

May 27, 2009
    Thanks KB, I REALLY like that holster. I spent all this time deciding on a gun, who would've guessed choosing a holster would be the hardest part lol!? This is a really thin gun, so a thin holster is a must, thanks for the advice on the galco and the side guard, they fit the bill. If only ammo was so easy to find. Any help on that would be much appreciated! Cabelas has 95gr FMJ magtech and 90gr FMJ PMC next week coming in, so it will be broken in soon enough. Thanks for the help

10. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm still waiting for someone to make a kydex IWB for the P3at with Crimson trace laser. I like the secure snap of a pistol retained in kydex and sweat to much at work for leather. I e-mailed FIST a few weeks ago but haven't heard back yet. I may need to call instead.

11. zombiekiller

zombiekiller New Member

May 27, 2009
    So I actually wound up purchasing an LCP because it was $10 more and the 3at they had was scratched up. Come back a week later after my background check and they have all new 3ats on sale for 60 less than an LCP. My luck. Well thanks for the holster advice I will update this thread with reviews of my purchases when they all arrive.

12. SweetKnuckles

SweetKnuckles New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This suggestion doesn't fit your specific needs, but for others who might be considering IWB.

I have to say I've been very happy w/the Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk IWB open top holsters.  
    Specifically size 36.  Product code 8936.

Good
    Disposable cheap at $10
    'Microfiber' outer is soft if it touches skin
    Outer material seems very resistant to perspiration during the summer in AZ
    Microfiber outer is somewhat grippy and can double as a pocket holster
    Interior is nice and slick for draw
    Interior seems less abrading to handgun finish than leather
    Size 36 is officially the .38 spcl snub size, so you can use it with a .38 as well

Bad
    Sizeable clip
    Non-tuckable

13. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    For me, it's Uncle Mike's all the way. They make great little pocket holsters that don't print and their IWB jobs disappear when worn. Carry your mag in your weak side pocket so your gun can stay in the same hand while reloading.

14. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    +1
    I like mine

It can be used IWB or in pocket and is a perfect fit. The clip has a lip at the bottom that catches your belt and keeps it from sliding up when drawing. The inside is semi-smooth nylon fabric with some sort of memory foam backing that molds really well to the gun. There is also a vapor barrier sewn in and the holster goes all of the way to the top of the gun on the body side acting as a sweat guard, all too important here in the South. The outside is a synthetic suede that is extremely comfortable to wear IWB and gives the holster good grip on your clothes. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. CrackerKen

CrackerKen New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    SubsoniX - I like the looks of that one, and it appears quite comfortable. When looking at Uncle Mike's site, I can't figure out which model would fit a P-3AT. Another poster mentioned the one for a model 36? Ideas? Thanks.

16. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    Inside The Pant Holster, Size 10, Right Handed, No Strap    
    Model # 8910-1
    I paid $10 at my LGS. He had it marked at $12.95, so it is very affordable.

[link]http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html[/link]
    [link]http://www.uncle-mikes.com/fitcharts/inside_pant_hlster_fc.html[/link]

This is the first place that popped up in google.
    [link]http://www.oneclickoutdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=44150[/link]

17. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I pocket carry the most, but use my IWB when needed. Crossbreed, worth every penny.

Pocket

[​IMG]

IWB

[​IMG]

18. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    those crossbreed holsters look really nice.  they sure have a loyal following too.  i think the CBH microclip would work very well.

just saw the PWii kydex IWB holster by aholster.  i think Hoopster was looking for a kydex IWB for the p3.  check out the PWii3at:

http://www.lefthandholster.com/holsters.html

19. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I've been using a leather galco for pocket carry or the Uncle Mikes 36 for IWB. The uncle mikes is amazing because I can use it for the P3at, a snubby .38 special or even my Glock23. It's comfortable and works, my only issue is that it's a little deep for the Kel-tec making a quick draw impossible. I also want something in kydex because the uncle mikes doesn't have good retention. I've never had a problem with the P3at coming out during normal wear but I do have to take it out when dropping my drawers :D or it will fall out. BTW I have the crimson trace laser installed so I've yet to hear of a kydex holster for this application.

20. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    hey Hoopster,

just to be clear, Aholster DOES make this kydex IWB holster for the P3AT w/ a crimson trace laser. just scroll down to the middle of the page and look for the PWii holster. just thought i'd pass it along.