It's On The Way

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by carmike442, Jul 11, 2009.

1. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Well sort of. It's ordered at Buds, I still have to wait for them to receive the money order and ship it to FFL. :cool:

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Another SU-22 KTOGger. I think you're going to like your new SU-22. Too cool for school, and I can afford to shoot it!

I was wanting to take mine to the KTOG Nationals this weekend, but my insides had other ideas. Didn't feel well enough to make the drive, and still don't feel very good. I think my SU-22C would have been the life of the party. Hopefully, someone else had one.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Any inexpensive suggestions for the threads at the end of the barrel?

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Well, I left the Kel-Tec muzzle thread protector on there. Free is about as cheap as it gets.

I figured all the pretty flash hiders, compensators and muzzle brakes are almost functionally worthless on the SU-22, so I didn't bother. To me, that stuff just adds weight and increases the length when I wanted it as small and light as possible, and there are a couple of ways that such items probably decrease accuracy and that's not a good thing. How many bench rest shooters have anything hanging off the end of their muzzles? They may have a harmonic tuner or something, but nothing threaded on the end.

A lot of people like the looks of various muzzle devices, and that's a personal preference. I'm more interested in performance.

Oleg Volk put a suppressor on his SU-22. I'd like to have a suppressor, particularly one I could thread on or off easily, but I'm not willing to pay that kind of money, and I'm not at all inclined to deal with the BATFE to ask permission, so I do without. It's just one more way that the federal government is stomping on my liberty. :(

5. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    I also ordered one at Buds and am waiting on it to be shipped. I hope I get mine before you since I ordered last week via credit card.

Good luck,
    Glenn

6. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I ordered mine on Thursday and backed it up with a credit card so they would hold it.

7. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    According to UPS tracking, it should be delivered to the dealer today. :cool:

8. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Went over and picked it up this evening. Took it apart and it was pretty clean and well oiled so I put it back together. Might get to put a few rounds through it tomorrow. I just wish they were already available with the pistol grip stock, I think I'm eventually going to have to get one. :-/

9. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    I picked mine up today. It had been at the dealer for a few days before I could go and get it. I was going yesterday but I was riding my motorcycle and I didn't think I could carry it. :)

I hope to get it out and shoot it this weekend.

Glenn

10. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    So here it is. :) I didn't care much for the sights and since I had a Bushnell 3x9x40 laying around I figured it would do for now. I put about 75 rounds through it in the back yard getting the scope sighted in with no hiccups. If it doesn't rain any more I might get out to the range tomorrow.

[​IMG]