It's Hear Almost

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tkstae, Sep 25, 2007.

1. tkstae

tkstae New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    My gun guy called to say that my P3-AT will be in on Friday.  215.00 plus tax. What a sweet deal.  It took about a month to get it, but it will be worth the wait.  I even talked him into helping me do a fluff and buff on it after the break in period.  Just need to order a holster for it and pick up a few boxs of .380 before it Friday.  I'll let ya all know how well it shoots.

2. Hwkeye

Hwkeye New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Sweet! 215?! I paid 275 plus tax!!! :'( :'( :'(

Sounds like a great deal, I think you will love it!

-J

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Congrates on the find and welcome to KTOG

Am I missing something here :-/.  Why would you need a F&B after shooting enough to break it in?

4. tkstae

tkstae New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I was hoping that the pistol would be fine out of the box,  and that the Fluff and Buff was to help pistols that  are having some feeding problems.  Sorry I'm new to alll this and I guess I missed something. I'll go back and do some more reading.  Thanks for the input.

5. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

A fluff and buff is sort of a manual break-in, or pre-break-in. It's just you doing with sandpaper/dremel what the gun would do eventually through shooting. :cool:

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    At the very least, clean and lube.

I did not do a full F&B, I just knocked of the sharp edges with a scaper.

After a few rounds another clean and lube, scaping down proud metal.

If you think you need assistance to do the F&B, you might want to get gunsmith to assist with the out of the box inspection, clean and lube before you leave the shop.

7. tkstae

tkstae New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Thanks for all the help and advice. My gun dealer/gunsmith is really great guy. He helped me with the last pistol I bought from him. It's nice to have someone like that around in this day and age. I hope to get to the range this weekend. I'll be back a range report then.

8. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Not only is he a great guy, but, I don't think he is making a dime on you.
    Better buy him a Christmas present.
    :) :) :)

9. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

+1

A real friendly neighborhood gun runner is a rare find. :cool:

10. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Be sure to wear HEARING protection when it gets HERE and you take it to the range. ;D

11. WOW!  $215 and he will do a F&B?

Great deal indeed.  But you may have misunderstood about the F&B.

As others noted... it is BEFORE shooting that it is suggested.

At minimum, field strip, clean, and lube before you shoot!

Look at this close up of trash I pulled out of a NEW 3AT.

[​IMG]

12. tkstae

tkstae New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    It's Here

I went out and picked up my P3-AT tonite. I wasn't sure of the color till I got there because of the great deal I was getting. It's all gray and nice looking. My dealer/gunsmith showed me how to take it apart and we cleaned it even though it looked like it had just been cleaned. I mean it was shining. I bought 100 rounds of 80 gr. FMJ and went out back to see what she would do. I ran a couple of mags thru it before the sun went down. It went just perfect. No problems at all. It's a lot easier to handle and shoot than my Kahr PM40. I'll run another 50 rounds thru it and give it good cleaning and keep it up for a few hundreds to make sure I can count on it, then it will be my summer and anytime CCW. Oh yeah I ordered a Nemesis holster for it from Midway tonite. It's on back order, but it's The one I want so I'll wait. Thanks for all the help and advice.

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: It's Here

Awesome - congrats! And because you are so new I will give you a "this really is nothing personal just my favorite graphic" warning:

[​IMG]

-Scott

14. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

Grey slide and barrel? Did you get a Chromed :eek:

15. Hwkeye

Hwkeye New Member

Apr 19, 2007

WOW! How did the QA at the Kel Tec factory miss that penny inside there!?! ;) J/K

16. [​IMG]

17. Re: It's Here

PICS PICS PICS..........

Welcome TK.... glad it ran well for ya!

PICS PICS PICS

[​IMG]

EDIT:  3AT pic removed.  Scott is mad cause I posted this in another thread:

[​IMG]

Nanny nanny boo booo ...gotcha again! ok... i will remove S2k pic when scott threatens to sue.

18. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Yo NAS - no fair stealing tkstae's glory op! :D

-Scott