It broke. Warranty Question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by oak1971, Jan 25, 2010.

1. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    The hammer spring broke and sent the plug shooting past my head. Do I need to remove my metal mag catch before i send it back?

2. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I would, because you might not get it back. Just put the platic one back in.

3. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    If I can find it i will. :) Thanks.

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    what is EXACTLY broke? they may just send parts, and then you are only down a few days.

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It is not that hard of a fix, call Kel-Tec and have them send you a complete hammer and spring assembly. The parts are free and you won't be down for several weeks.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, the part is easily changed and will be there in 3 ir 4 days. Sending it in may take 8 weeks.

This covers the 1st gen P3AT which is nearly identical to yours. The hammer spring stuff is identical.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

7. Seanp11

Seanp11 New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    The same thing happened to my P32 last thursday. The hammer spring broke at the hammer end. Got home from work to day and my new hammer and hammer spring were in the mail. Just finished putting it together. Only down a couple days.The biggest pain is getting that hammer spring into grip. There is a good YOU TUBE  video on assembly and disassembly if you need it. I think I'm going to get some  spare springs just in case it happens again. Wouldn't hurt to a spare part kit made up.

Good Luck

8. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I think I'll send it in anyway, I have more guns to use in it's absence.

9. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Great that you have other guns.

For those who use their guns for carry (not just for range work), this is a great reason to own more than one gun. If one goes down, you are not left unarmed. :eek: :)

10. YSOCREUS

YSOCREUS New Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah, but to take soooo long to get back, sorta takes the comfort outa owing it in the first place. I ship mine down on Dec. 14th, they didn't acknowledge it until the 18, then took two weeks off for the holidays, (the bad guys don't), and I'm forever waiting for my message reminder as to it being sent back. :'(

11. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Bummer :-/ :-/