Issues with rear sight...

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by emny23, Dec 31, 2017.

1. emny23

emny23 Member

Apr 9, 2017
    So, just jumping to the point because I'm annoyed...

Front sight was canted, fixed it. Didn't think much more of it.

Went to the range today and I go to line up and take my first shot... low and behold, my rear sight is canted as crap to the right when I am on target AFTER the first shot. I didn't notice it beforehand at all. I don't see how a shot could knock the rear sight off, especially considering there is no wiggle in the sight or anything. I don't remember it being canted before I shot it. When I got home I took out the screws and pin holding the sight in, checked them and put it back and it is still crooked.

Only thing I have changed with the rifle is I installed the M-Carbo trigger spring kit and new trigger. There is no way that should affect the rear sight unless I'm missing something. Anyway, anyone else have this issue? I found one thread that someone stated they had the same issue so I was curious if this was maybe just an issue from the sight being molded from Kel-tec and I just didn't notice before. Just asking to get a gauge on how normal this problem might be. Contacted KT and am awaiting an answer. Probably will be another 2 weeks until I hear back from them.

Anyway, just seeing how many people might have encountered this issue.

2. emny23

emny23 Member

Apr 9, 2017
    OK, so if anyone else has this issue, I just got mad and removed the rear sight (it was crooked, of course), took my wife's hair dryer to it and while it was very hot and somewhat pliable, I bent it as straight as I could and held it and cooled it down. It fixed it a little, but since I know the issue, I'm going to just request a replacement rear sight from Kel-Tec. But that is somewhat of a fix if anyone has the same issue and wants to give it and go.

VegasSub2K likes this.

3. VegasSub2K

VegasSub2K Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Not gunsmith 101, but hey, if it works.

4. Brasky

Brasky Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Chances are that is why the front sight was canted. It needed to be to line up with the rear

850sub likes this.