Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just jumping to the point because I'm annoyed...

Front sight was canted, fixed it. Didn't think much more of it.

Went to the range today and I go to line up and take my first shot... low and behold, my rear sight is canted as crap to the right when I am on target AFTER the first shot. I didn't notice it beforehand at all. I don't see how a shot could knock the rear sight off, especially considering there is no wiggle in the sight or anything. I don't remember it being canted before I shot it. When I got home I took out the screws and pin holding the sight in, checked them and put it back and it is still crooked.

Only thing I have changed with the rifle is I installed the M-Carbo trigger spring kit and new trigger. There is no way that should affect the rear sight unless I'm missing something. Anyway, anyone else have this issue? I found one thread that someone stated they had the same issue so I was curious if this was maybe just an issue from the sight being molded from Kel-tec and I just didn't notice before. Just asking to get a gauge on how normal this problem might be. Contacted KT and am awaiting an answer. Probably will be another 2 weeks until I hear back from them.

Anyway, just seeing how many people might have encountered this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so if anyone else has this issue, I just got mad and removed the rear sight (it was crooked, of course), took my wife's hair dryer to it and while it was very hot and somewhat pliable, I bent it as straight as I could and held it and cooled it down. It fixed it a little, but since I know the issue, I'm going to just request a replacement rear sight from Kel-Tec. But that is somewhat of a fix if anyone has the same issue and wants to give it and go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts