Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rifle with around 75-80 rounds fired only two failures to feed and that was on the second round of two "stuffed" magazines (30rd). Magazine & springs need to settle in. Wicked fun with this little magnum rifle, accurate as heck to boot! I don't think I'm seeing any abnormal wear on the bolt rails but it sure "broke-in" fast I'm thinking. Another observation, the breech face is half alloy and a tiny bit of barrel. There are, now and I assume more to come, indentations in the alloy portion of the breech face. I have seen this on many of the classic Colt Woodsman and High Standard pistols but that was from YEARS of use, not 80 rounds. Hopefully the alloy will work harden and stop being peened so much. I also see the spent casings are having their way with the ejection port. I guess that is the nature of relatively soft alloys. Anyway, here are some photos of the wear, let me know if you have many more rounds fired and less wear than seen here please.

Ed

Discreet carry! (I think by now, most bad guys know to look in the stupid tennis racket case!!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those photos are similar to what my CMR looks like. I've put about 1000 rounds through mine with very few problems. Wear areas appeared early but did not progress further. I did start using thin gun grease on interior bolt rails.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine has damage similar to the 2nd to last picture. I thought it happend after the case exploded out of battery but it may be from the cases hitting on ejection. Mine also has damage on the stock rail next to the port. I have put around 100 rounds through my CMR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.