Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought TFX Pro sights for my M&P 2.0 Compact. I tried installing the front sight with a sight pusher tool (which got awesome reviews) and instead of pushing the sight it started to tip it over and the dovetail got messed up. Is this salvageable?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I bought TFX Pro sights for my M&P 2.0 Compact. I tried installing the front sight with a sight pusher tool (which got awesome reviews) and instead of pushing the sight it started to tip it over and the dovetail got messed up. Is this salvageable?

Welcome to the world of 'Chineseium'!
It will never fit flat, or square, or tight.
Hopefully it wasn't expensive:rolleyes:.

·
Grand Poobah
2,253 Posts
Try emailing the company first,

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'd say, short of using JB Weld and/or some kinda adhesive in a future install, it's pretty much toast. I similarly goofed when trying to install a front tritium sight on a Ruger SR9, which needed to be fitted in order to go into the dovetail. Well, I carefully sanded/filed away at it until it fiiiiiinally went in ... and then, as it turned out, I apparently took off too much, because the darned thing backed itself out and fell off the first time I tried it out at the range. So, in my case, it wasn't a fault of the metal being soft, just the installer being soft in the head. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts