Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new S2k 40 cal G17/22 in OD Green.
I have NOT fired one shot yet and looked thru the barrel and it was dirty. I put the patch thru and this is what came out. I have not taken the gun apart yet to clean it this is only from the barrel. Is this normal from a factory new gun or did I purchase a used gun?
Top picture - front side of patch.
Bottom picture back side of patch.
Your thoughts?!?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Yes, they test fire every weapon before it leaves the factory. They don't clean them after.
The gunk left in the barrel is from that test fire and an anti rust goo they leave in the gun.

It's normal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have never purchased a new firearm that, when I got it home and did the pretest cleaning and lube, the patches came out clean. I would be suspicious that it was a used gun returned after cleaning if they did come out clean.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Yes, they test fire every weapon before it leaves the factory. They don't clean them after.
The gunk left in the barrel is from that test fire and an anti rust goo they leave in the gun.

It's normal.
Can you imagine that guy's shoulder after a 40-hour week of that job:eek:?
"Aw man! not RFB's and KSG's AGAIN this week Yellow Text Line Font
".
I have never purchased a new firearm that, when I got it home and did the pretest cleaning and lube, the patches came out clean. I would be suspicious that it was a used gun returned after cleaning if they did come out clean.
Bingo!
Both of my KT's and my Glock were received :quote:unclean:quote::eek:verreact:.
And I was happy:D. Proof of testing Green Black Yellow Facial expression Emoticon
It's like when I'm buying a used mag. "Mint" condition="this one sucks, sell it!"
If it doesn't have wear marks on it, I don't want it.
My best RFB mag won't win any beauty contest; but boy that sucker will run like a spotted-ape:eek:. I'd bet my life on it Green Black Yellow Facial expression Emoticon
:machinegunner:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Yeah, you're wrong. At least as far as Kel Tek goes. They stand there and shoot them, like at any other range. I did see a few shoulder pads on the range though. Just covered the one shoulder.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah, you're wrong. At least as far as Kel Tek goes. They stand there and shoot them, like at any other range. I did see a few shoulder pads on the range though. Just covered the one shoulder.
Well then they are very low tech and cheap compared to other firearms manufacturers. Also, the other manufacturers usually test fire their arms with "overloaded" higher pressure "proof" ammo.

I stand corrected as far as kel tec proof testing their arms go. Hopefully now all can sleep safetly tonight! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
They probably test with overpressured rounds, seems like the smart thing to do. I have no idea, never thought to ask...but I will next time I see them.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Ok, I am just familar with how many other manufacturers test their firearms. I would have thought that all of them were testing with over pressure proof load ammo in a mechanical rest or mount. My mistake.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Ok, I am just familar with how many other manufacturers test their firearms. I would have thought that all of them were testing with over pressure proof load ammo in a mechanical rest or mount. My mistake.
For Kel Tecs, let's go to the tape, shall we?
https://youtu.be/bZVXd-Lx3Zs?t=55m32s

"All rifles are proof-tested, the P-11, PF-9, and the KSG, are proof-tested..."
He lists pistols as having a "half-mag" run thru them.
I couldn't find him actually say that every gun is test-fired, but he infers it. He never mentions "lot-samples" if they didn't 100% test.
The very next room is packing. It's going out dirty, BABY!
There was one video of the test-firing guy, but I can't find it to save me:mad:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.