Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Mine don't look like that :eek:.

It looks like you got some soot deposits in yours, mine's cleaner than that ;D

it looks like a cavity was machined with the same diameter and angle as the hole for the extracter pin, then blended in when the port was cut. Looks like a very low stress riser corner, whether that was its intent or is it to allow case tilt when it strikes the ejector

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are rust pits from a house fire and fire hose water. I'd pull the extractor, but the frankenbolt head is almost stripped and don't want to mess with it until I have another one in my hand. I just want to know if cavity is supposed to be there. It still runs great after all it's been through...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
just joshing you a little on the soot, (more likely the reflections). But I wanted to add a little drama before saying mine had the same relief cut

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I must have forgotten it was there. Not only are my eyes going, but the brain is in fast pursuit...

But this little guy is my most reliable gun. I've got a Glock, a Beretta, 3 Kahrs and a Colt and my little KT never, ever misbehaves.

G

·
Mine has the same. I had to look and would have bet mine did not. How could a normal, sane, intelligent, handsome, cool guy like me have missed something like that? :-[ Scary!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possumgravy said:
Mine has the same. I had to look and would have bet mine did not. How could a normal, sane, intelligent, handsome, cool guy like me have missed something like that? :-[  Scary!
Bad lighting?

Looks like my extractor has a little chip in it, too. Time to order some parts, but I'm afraid of jinxing myself...

G

·
Curosity got the better of me so I checked my P32 and P11. Well, guess what--they too have similar cutouts. I never noticed--or just didn't pay attention. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts