Is this BS, 3rd Gen P3AT.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Geeky73, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Geeky73

Geeky73 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
  2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The guys at Philomath Gun Sales (www.guns4sale.net) are a huge supplier of KT stuff and know what they are talking about when it comes to them.

Kel-Tec doesn't officially count "versions" as things change (see the Pf9!) but the new hammer block assembly COULD be considered a 3rd Generation I guess. Then the new plastic case is just icing on the cake.

-Scott

3. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    As far as I know, so far Kel-Tec hasn't official called it a 3G.

Recently they changed the design of the trigger action to fix a concern that many customers had. Formerly, if you failed to return the trigger fully forward after each shot the hammer would fall from a partially cocked position and cause a light hammer strike. They have now fixed this.

Because it is a rather significant upgrade many are calling it a 3G.

Another plus to this upgrade is the Ruger LCP clone does not have the upgrade. For some this may make the difference in a decision between the Ruger and the Kel-Tec.

Bobo

4. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    With free shipping, IF your FFL will do two for one fee (mine will :cool: ), that's not a bad deal. Not great but not bad.

5. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Oh, I'm SOOO gonna get a beating for this... :p

How 'bout a P3AT with a last-shot slide hold-open and release? I realize that a new mag follower would be needed, but I'd be up for it!

runsforcover-DEEP cover...

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    If you want one make your own. There are directions on this list and photos of one already done. _I_ don't want the extra parts or weight.

-Scott

7. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    My P32 has a last shot hold open. I do like it. It does not have a slide release or a manual slide lock. I don't miss them.

Lets get a grip on reality here. If you are in a position to need a tactical reload with a 7 shot mouse gun you are in over your head. Far better to have a second P3 in your other pocket.

8. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Scott adamsesq,

I read a post from you a few days ago and see that you have added the following statement, "I no longer own any weapons. This is purely a hypothical discussion based on old knowledge and experiences."

Could this be True? Would you really rid yourself of all weapons? I think there must be some misunderstanding here.

Billy

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Sometimes there comes a point in a man's life where he has to do things he does not want to do.

-Scott

10. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Here ya go...
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170309756/0

Bobo

11. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Yes, it is BS - No 3G P-3AT has been made. I don't care how many they sell, I am calling them out on this one.

12. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I don't see anything in the pic that says it's not a P-3AT of either the first or second generation....  The picture is just not good enough, and I'm not all that experienced on the first generation.  (I did see one the other day, though.)

The CASE is one that KT is now selling as an alternative to the fanny-pack-ish case.  I don't know if they're shipping that with new guns, or the seller bought 'em separately.  They're not expensive, and would satisfy the TSA, as well as being kinda tiny.

[edited later] My error - the case is not on KT's web site - I think it's an aftermarket. I can't find it right now....

Regards,

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Actually SMA, the case is factory. The new guns are coming with them and KT will sell them separately. Just because it is or is not on the website is not always a good indication of what momma has. The hi tech focus of the company is NOT on the web or email!!!!

I wrote to Philomath asking them why they consider this a 3rd generation when this was first posted. They have not answered.

-Scott

14. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    adamsesq:

(It's "Stu".... :))

Thanks!  I'd like to get one of those cases, but it's not critical.  The next scheduled airline trip will have some luggage issues, and I'm giving consideration to just taking the P-3AT.

Which leads to the question: "WHERE did I see them for sale?"  I thought it was KT's "gear" section on their website....

Regards,