Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i have read through the FAQ and i heard people say they shot this no problem and i know the PLR-16 is brass only and most people fan off steel casing but what about metal casing?

·
Registered
244 Posts
uhm ya... Full Metal Jacketed bullets are fine. that is the bullet the gun was pretty much designed around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's brass cased ammo. It looks funky because its not cleaned/polished up after annealing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Brass is a metal, and that particular round is brass. That's pretty much standard ammunition. What you need to keep an eye out for is steel or aluminum casings. Stuff like Wolf, Brown Bear, or Blazer.
first time I've heard of or been warned against aluminum 223 casing

·
Registered
252 Posts
The "55 grain metal case boat-tail bullet" describes the bullet only, not the entire round. All it means is that the projectile is a piece of lead jacketed in copper. The copper is the "metal" they are talking about. The case that houses the powder and bullet is made of brass.

Steel cased ammo is what is supposed to cause problems. I have ran thousands of rounds of Brown Bear steel case through mine with no stuck cases or wear issues. YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts