Is there a better belt clip?

Discussion in 'PF-9' started by markovsky, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. markovsky

markovsky New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    My PF-9 belt clip (Kel-tec made) works okay, but i find the metal very flexible and it often gets bent out of shape. I've seen many other belt clips for other handguns (such as Techna Clip) that are far more rigid and stay in place much better. Does anyone know of any alternative belt clips for the PF9? I've looked high and low and can't seem to find any out there. Thanks!
    -Mark

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'm personally not a fan of belt clip carry for yours and other reasons as well. However, to comply with your request, the Clipdraw has been around for years. Although I have no personal experience, the one in the video looks to be more substantial than the KT offering. You could probably contact them for more information on rigidity, etc:
    http://clipdraw.com/

markovsky likes this.

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Well-Known Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Clipdraw uses a much heavier spring steel...but it's stuck on your pistol with some kind of space age tape.

4. Steve912

Steve912 Active Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I've got three K-Ts with clips, and none are easily bent. Your's
    might be poorly tempered, if it bends out of shape.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Sounds like that may not be good for some finishes.

6. haugrdr

haugrdr Well-Known Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    The tape is the kind that you have to peel off in a certain direction...or it won't come off. It leaves no residue that I know of.

Some of the clipdraws, depending on model of pistol...bolt on using a screw or two. The one for my Glock 19 uses 2 screws.

http://clipdraw.com/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  7. markovsky

markovsky New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Yeah, very few people seem to have the same issue. This is very soft metal for the application it's used in. Maybe a dud batch.

8. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    If you have the stainless steel one it will slip off your belt real easy.
    The blue one will not slip as much.If you use a narrow belt it will slip off.
    That said,I modified my Pf9 belt to give it a more hook at the end to make stay better on my wide belt.The clip could be made a little wider to keep it at the proper angle for carry.

9. Gideon35T

Gideon35T Member

Dec 9, 2017
    If you really want better performance from the KT belt clip just retemper it. A propane torch and a toaster oven will do the job. Even if you goof it, they are a pretty cheap accessory.

10. Crossstick

Crossstick Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Somewhere South