Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,067 Posts
Re: Is the P3at your favorite Concealed carry weap

As has already been said, I didn't always carry until . . . . . . .

I actually bough the Elsie Pea first, then a PF-9, then my P3AT. From June 2008-January 2009, my LCP was my primary carry. Now my primary is my P3AT. As it turns out, my P3AT has the better trigger. That is why it won out. It easily conceals in my pocket holster from http://www.pocketholsters.com/ just as my LCP did. I am always carrying one of the .380s as I still carry the LCP from time to time and have been known to carry both 380s plus my PF-9 especially if I'm wearing my 5.11 jacket or one of my Roma leather concealment vests. On rare occasions, I will carry the PF-9 only in my High Noon Closing Argument holster. However, I love my P3AT and would rather have it than anything larger because it is so easy to conceal. I recently put a belt clip on both the P3AT and the LCP. This makes it much easier to carry both 380s. One in the back pocket in holster. The other in my waistband.

[edit]I was rereading this thread when I came across my post. Since writing this post, I've switched completely. My PF-9 is my primary carry gun with the P3AT as back up. Right now, however, my PF-9 slide is home at mother's getting replaced due to a crack. I'm rather comfortable with the P3AT though in the meantime. I still trust the P3AT completely and have no trouble relying on it until I get my PF-9 back up and running.[/edit]

· Registered
5,067 Posts
Re: Is the P3at your favorite Concealed carry weap

WOW!!! Talk about firing up the ol' "way-back-machine". This one was started in Feb of 2009. Here's my first post and edited to ad post in this thread:

billjohnso20 said:
As has already been said, I didn't always carry until . . . . . . .

I actually bough the Elsie Pea first, then a PF-9, then my P3AT. From June 2008-January 2009, my LCP was my primary carry. Now my primary is my P3AT. As it turns out, my P3AT has the better trigger. That is why it won out. It easily conceals in my pocket holster from http://www.pocketholsters.com/ just as my LCP did. I am always carrying one of the .380s as I still carry the LCP from time to time and have been known to carry both 380s plus my PF-9 especially if I'm wearing my 5.11 jacket or one of my Roma leather concealment vests. On rare occasions, I will carry the PF-9 only in my High Noon Closing Argument holster. However, I love my P3AT and would rather have it than anything larger because it is so easy to conceal. I recently put a belt clip on both the P3AT and the LCP. This makes it much easier to carry both 380s. One in the back pocket in holster. The other in my waistband.

[edit]I was rereading this thread when I came across my post. Since writing this post, I've switched completely. My PF-9 is my primary carry gun with the P3AT as back up. Right now, however, my PF-9 slide is home at mother's getting replaced due to a crack. I'm rather comfortable with the P3AT though in the meantime. I still trust the P3AT completely and have no trouble relying on it until I get my PF-9 back up and running.[/edit]
I got rid of that LCP. I traded it on a flawless CZ-82 that is a much better gun.

After more than a year, my P3AT is now my EDC BUG 6 days a week and my primary on Sundays in the pulpit. Does that make it my favorite? I don't know; I don't think so at least. I do trust my life to it or I wouldn't carry it alone on Sundays or on those days I have a doctor's appointment, etc. where I need ultra-deep concealment.

The only gun I have that is just as easy to carry and conceal is my NAA Mini 22Mag. It's loud but that all it is. I certain;y can't trust my life to it. My P3AT certainly has more bite and is far more lethal.

I guess after thinking about it, my P3AT is certainly my favorite never leave home without it-always in my pocket or boot-trust my life to it-never let it out of easy grasp-crap hit the fan-bad breath distance-middle of the night Dairy Queen or Taco Bell run-hide under my leg while driving-play softball-go bowling-any time is a good time gun. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.