Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure I’m saying this right. I’m wondering if they CP33 is considered a “bench accurate” pistol or more of a gun for fast steel competitions? I am wondering if I should get a Buckmark or a CP33. 33 rounds is very appealing but I want something that is very accurate for both off hand and shooting from a bench rest.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well I think the cp33 was touted as being a target pistol. The fact that it is accurate and holds the amount if rounds that it does transfers a benefit to the race gun people. I have found the shooting off a rest this gun can be very accurate.
It seems to do alot of things very well. Great plinker and with the +17 round mag extension makes it a formidable back pack or trail gun. 50 rounds I'm those slim line mags using an accurate system is hard to beat. Plus if you add a brace then it's a whole new beast.

Personally I went back to OEM stock set up. I like keeping it lighter and use owb holster.
JMHO

·
Registered
11 Posts
My CP33 is more accurate than my M&P15-22. I’ve competed with the CP33 out to 100 yards and you’ll need an 18” bolt action Tikka or Bergara to beat it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I think the cp33 was touted as being a target pistol. The fact that it is accurate and holds the amount if rounds that it does transfers a benefit to the race gun people. I have found the shooting off a rest this gun can be very accurate.
It seems to do alot of things very well. Great plinker and with the +17 round mag extension makes it a formidable back pack or trail gun. 50 rounds I'm those slim line mags using an accurate system is hard to beat. Plus if you add a brace then it's a whole new beast.

Personally I went back to OEM stock set up. I like keeping it lighter and use owb holster.
JMHO
What holster? Do you have a picture?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
What were you wanting to do, exactly? .22 accuracy can net you a dissertation from the bullseye crowd for pistols ranging from 1000 to 5000 in price tag and which ammos to use etc. Or you can get a $500 pistol that will shoot a quarter at 25 yards all day long (with decent if not top shelf ammo) and call it good. It helps to have an aftermarket and the CP does not have that established yet. I like the ruger mark pistols because of the quality aftermarket triggers and grips and all. The 'target' buckmark isnt balanced around the long barrel and is a bit front heavy, but they are solid pistols if that does not bother you, or you can use a shorter barrel model. I have not had a chance to shoot the CP for accuracy yet. The only warning I have about it is that it is not designed for target ammo, its designed for higher velocity ammo. The reviews I looked at give 1/2 inch groups @ 25 yards (which few humans can do offhand), which is on par with the other inexpensive guns using inexpensive ammo.

It comes down to this: all these pistols have a fixed barrel, and that is a huge deal for accuracy. Locked breech / moving barrel autos can be made accurate, but its expensive and no one does it for a 22 that I know of. So if the barrel is fixed and properly made (rifling in the right place, crown is well applied, etc) the gun will be accurate with one of the flavors of target ammo. The difference after that is the human factors: balance, trigger, grip, sight radius if using iron, etc. The cp grip can't be changed, and I don't know if there is a 2 pound no extra movement trigger mod or not. I don't know if you care about these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts