Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wish MCARBO would stop making parts for the Sub2k. At least internal ones, lol. I've installed nearly everything they've made for the Sub2k. The only exception is the trigger bar and the hammer bushing. Tearing the gun apart is a PITA, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. That and the gun is my wife's PCC rifle. Last thing I want to do is make a change and mess up her competition toy. It will happen eventually, though.

The difference between the base gun and the gun with all of the MCARBO goodies is night and day. It really is a huge improvement over stock. And thumbs up for MCARBO, in general. I've installed their parts in a bunch of other guns. All with good results.
Thanks MadRonin. What are the best parts you installed - say the top 5 you couldn't do without? The ones that make the biggest difference. And also, which ones does your wife like the most?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks MadRonin. What are the best parts you installed - say the top 5 you couldn't do without? The ones that make the biggest difference. And also, which ones does your wife like the most?
The top one is the their trigger bundle kit. I installed everything that comes with the All In One Pro Kit except for the trigger bar and hammer bushing because those items were produced later. Even without the trigger bar installed it's hands down the best mod you can make to the gun.

Second is probably the extended mag release. Hers is a multi-mag version that she runs with M&P mags. She also has mag catches for her P320 an Beretta 92 stick mags.

The double charging handle would be third. The one that came with the rifle didn't offer enough purchase for her to get a good grip. The double one fixed that problem. Not sure how long it will last. The gun seems to beat that part up a good bit. Seen a lot of folks with broken charging handles, not just MCARBO. Though it looks like MCARBO came up with a way to lock the charging handle in place while allowing them to add thickness to the shaft of the handle. May have to look into getting an updated handle. Right now my wife just keeps the original charging handle in her bag as a spare.

Four would be the recoil buffer. It made a noticeable difference. Maybe not the 30% they claim, but enough.

Fifth is the muzzle brake. MCARBO did a good job designing a pretty efficient brake. 9mm doesn't have a lot of recoil, but when you're shooting competition, every bit helps. I liked it enough that I installed one on my Ruger PC Carbine. Looks like MCARBO has a Ruger specific one now.

Honorable mention is the optics mount. Prior to MCARBO's mount, she was using a QD UTG mount that she had to remove every time she was done at the range. It worked fine, but the MCARBO unit is just better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mcarbo is great. Buy the red lifesaver (recoil buffer) That'll tell you all you need to know lol.

Fifth is the muzzle brake. MCARBO did a good job designing a pretty efficient brake. 9mm doesn't have a lot of recoil, but when you're shooting competition, every bit helps. I liked it enough that I installed one on my Ruger PC Carbine. Looks like MCARBO has a Ruger specific one now.
How is the reset on your mcarbo trigger?
I just got done installing the new 'full kit' with the bar and bushing. My reset is still super long, I don't see myself being able to shoot very quick. The trigger is so much better though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mcarbo is great. Buy the red lifesaver (recoil buffer) That'll tell you all you need to know lol.

I just got done installing the new 'full kit' with the bar and bushing. My reset is still super long, I don't see myself being able to shoot very quick. The trigger is so much better though.
Recoil Buffer - #4 on my list.

Still haven't installed the trigger bar, but with everything else the trigger is light and the reset is decent. It was never meant to be a PCC for competition, but my wife likes it and it works for her.

Eventually I'm going to get myself a .40 cal version and give it the MCARBO treatment. It'll just be another SHTF or bugout rifle for one of my grab bags.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Do you know if the MCARBO recoil buffer is better than the Tacticool buffer? The same perhaps? Tacticool is generally cheaper.

Interesting about the long reset even after the trigger kit install. How hard was that kit for you to install?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you know if the MCARBO recoil buffer is better than the Tacticool buffer? The same perhaps? Tacticool is generally cheaper.

Interesting about the long reset even after the trigger kit install. How hard was that kit for you to install?
The whole guts kit is easy enough to install if you're already a tinkerer. Mcarbo has a whole video to walk you through it if you need help though.
The long reset is most likely from internal design by kel tec.. not Mcarbo.. Trust me, my trigger is 200% better than stock with the kit but I like to talk about good and 'bad' with things.

As far as the buffer.. I picked the Mcarbo buffer because it still allows you to lock the bolt back... It made the rifle stop grabbing my beard and ripping hair out so I guess it's good enough lol. Really, it worked great for me.
The tacticool buffer, IIRC doesn't allow you to lock the bolt. That could be fixed by cutting it down some.. YMMV

·
Registered
31 Posts
https://imgur.com/i9xYnT6

Here's my Sub2K about to get pretty much ALL the M*Carbo parts that it didn't already have. So, I just spent a couple of hours last night and another one this afternoon today on my Sub. I bought it used with the M*Carbo springs, trigger and trigger guard already installed. Over the last year, I bought all the rest of the parts with the exception of the sights and the optic mount. Why did I wait for a year? If you've watched any of Jeff Nelson's videos on how to take a Sub apart, it's not really something anybody want to do regularly!

I had really like the feel of the trigger and trigger guard, but when combined with the other internal pieces, it completely takes it to the next level! Don't get me wrong; I didn't hate the Sub's trigger, but it's now in the same conversation with some of the better guns I've handled (Walther PPQ, ALG Enhanced trigger). Can't wait to get to the range now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not one for leaving reviews (especially negative ones) However I feel that this needs to be put out there and heard. If MCARBO would have followed through with what they told me this review would have never been posted. I recently ordered 7- CZ75 MCARBO Spring Kits for my TriStar Pistols. I ordered these because I was told if they did not fit I would be able to return them for a FULL REFUND (I have a chain of emails to prove it) That being said I kept one of the kits I had already installed (minus some parts of the kit that didn't fit) because I didn't want to go though the trouble of removing the MCARBO Spring kit I had installed which by the way made a very minimal almost unnoticeable difference vs. the 40-50% less trigger pull they claim. I returned the other 6 kits back to MCARBO for a FULL REFUND as I was told i would receive. I finally received a refund from MCARBO minus the return shipping cost which they failed to mention to me (not a big deal only $4.04) but worst of ALL they kept the Sales Tax which they say they do not refund ($17.44) which is Totally Illegal to do !!!!! I wonder how many MCARBO Customers have been ripped off their hard earned money by paying taxes on an item they returned ???? Is MCARBO paying the government this Sales Tax that they are NOT refunding their Customers ??? I highly doubt it !!!!! SOUNDS LIKE TAX FRAUD TO ME !!!!! I will be contacting the Feds to report them along with filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Stay away from MCARBO at ALL COSTS (Pun Intended) You have been warned !!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The two things I bought first was the charging handle cover and the Bolt tube cover both are very inexpensive and great quality. After buying a second Sub 2000 and firing it I immediately ordered these two things for it also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am a fan of M*Carbo. My P-11 trigger is good to go. I have their guide rod and spring as well. I picked up their trigger kit for a Smith M&P40 that came with a factory 10# trigger (Police trade-in). Same thing. Much lighter trigger. Smoother and no issues with it being too light. Customer service was great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have been using mcarbo products for a long time. Spring and trigger kits are excellent. Almost all the sub 2k items make it a much better gun. The spring kit for the sccy cpx-2 is a game changer.
All their products have lifetime warranty.

Great people to deal with.
I'll have to go along with you, silverback, on the Spring and Trigger kits being excellant. I have bought and used several with no complaints or problems at all. Haven't had a reason to purchase their other products, yet. My $.02 worth.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I feel the trigger, guard, and feed ramp are definitely improvements, but while the gun is apart you might as well get the spring kit too. Polymer feed ramp just makes no sense and the trigger guard serves as more than just to guard the trigger, no brainer there.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts